Beth Sullivan - ReadingWritingTutor.com
- In-person sessions are 1 hour minimum. Online sessions are 45 minutes minimum.
- Longer sessions can be accommodated upon request.
24 Hour Cancellation Policy:
- I require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice for cancelled lessons. If you provide sufficient notice, I will offer a mutually agreeable make-up lesson time. Every effort will be made to complete the makeup lesson within 7 days of the original lesson.
- If you provide less than 24 hours’ notice, or in the case of a no-show for a lesson, you will be responsible for paying the lesson fee.
- Parents are encouraged to stay for the first 1-2 tutoring sessions. Beyond that, it is preferable for the student to work with me independently while parents are in another room. Students tend to be more comfortable and productive working with me without a parent in the immediate area.
- Student participation in sessions will include reading, writing, asking and answering questions, etc. Student participation is an essential part of successful tutoring.
- Follow-up work from sessions may include rereading lesson material to build fluency or other brief tasks. Independent homework will not be assigned, but I am happy to recommend resources for additional practice on request.
- After the initial lessons, when a regular schedule of tutoring is established, I require payment via PayPal subscription in advance of the lesson. I will provide a link to set up payment, which can be cancelled by you at any time if you choose not to continue lessons.
In Case of Technical Difficulties:
- The primary tool I use for online tutoring sessions is Zoom. It allows for audio and video conferencing as well as screen sharing. It is available as a free download for PC, Android or Apple.
- In the case of an internet outage or other technical difficulties on either my part or the student’s, we will determine whether it is best to use a substitute online tool (Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.), meet via phone, or reschedule the session. These decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis, depending on the age and needs of the student and the content planned.
Please sign (by hand or by typing) and date below to acknowledge that you have received and reviewed these policies.
_________________________ _________________________ ___________________
Print student name Parent Signature Date