Grammar School (K – 6th Grade)
2018 - 19 QUICK START GUIDE
Things you need to know:
- Kindergarten through 4th grade Parents Only Orientation is Monday, August 20th. This is for parents only, with childcare provided (please RSVP by August 17th).
- K – 6th grades: Regular classes start Wednesday, August 22nd. 3rd-6th students should bring their school supplies on this day.
- The Grammar School day begins at 7:45 a.m. and ends at 2:15 p.m. (Half Day K runs from 7:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.)
- Your teacher’s email follows this sample: email@example.com
- Wednesday is formal day and all students are required to wear their full formal uniform every Wednesday.
- Grammar school exordiums are held approximately once a month on Wednesday at 8:10 a.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Students are given a school Bible in second grade. Replacement hardbound Bibles are $10; bonded leather Bibles are $20.
- All K – 2nd grade students learn to play the precorder in music classes; all 3rd – 4th grade students play the recorder. Precorders and recorders are provided by the school. Replacements may be purchased in the office for $5. 5th grade students learn an instrument second semester. 6th grade students have instrument training all year. 5th/6th grade music program info
- For PE, students need a water bottle and athletic shoes with non-marking soles; girls will also need navy or black colored pull-on basketball-style shorts. K students do not need athletic shoes.
- There is a prescribed method for picking up and dropping off students to make the traffic flow better. Please read through the Drop off/Pick Up Instructions.
- Color-coded backpack tags (white, gold, and blue) for K-3rd grade students ensure the student goes to the correct pick-up line or the after-school activity they are signed up for. Tags will be available at the Orientation Night on August 20th.
- To see your child’s homeroom class list, follow these instructions.
- NEW COMMUNICATION TOOL! This year our school will be using ParentSquare. Watch for an invitation email or text to get signed up. Parent Square introduction
Things you need to DO:
- Purchase required school supplies. You can support our Junior class by purchasing through ClassBundl. If you prefer to shop yourself, see lists on the Back to School page.
- Purchase needed uniform items.
- Order books for 3rd – 6th grades if you want your own copies to keep at home (optional). Book lists are on our Back to School Page.
- Choose and sign up for after school activities for your kids. (Back to School page)
- Pick up backpack tags for all K-3rd students at the Parent Orientation on August 20th. Write contact phone numbers on all tags.
- Put an Ambrose sticker on your car window to help us identify Ambrose families in the parking lot.
- Come to the Back to School picnic on Thursday, August 16th. K-2nd grade parents and students can drop off supplies in the classroom from 5:30 - 6:30 pm and meet your new teacher before the picnic starts.
- Complete required summer reading and bring in the signed summer reading form the first day of school. If needed, review the summer reading list.
- Review the Back to School page on our website for more information.