Berkshire County Resources
Created March 30, 2020 by Stacy Parsons, updated continually since then
Coordinated by Mary McClintock, Community Action Pioneer Valley [email@example.com]
If you have updates for this list, please send them to Mary.
Northern Berkshire COVID Operations Resource Update (April 24, 2020)
North Berkshire COVID Operations Center
Berkshire Health Systems Helpline
State text-alert system launches in Spanish. Text COVIDMAESP to 888-777 for Spanish Alerts.
Mass211 has set up a line to support residents throughout the ongoing response to COVID19.Massachusetts residents can call 2-1-1 at any time for real-time COVID-19 information, resources and referrals in multiple languages.
Massachusetts Department of Public Health: http://bit.ly/COVID211
The Attorney General has established a dedicated webpage for first responders and healthcare workers. Resources can be accessed at www.frontlinema.org.
Franklin, Hampshire, Hampden County
· Berkshire Humane Society, 214 Barker Road, Pittsfield, (413) 447-7878
· Local Animal Control Officer
· AdLib, 215 North Street, Pittsfield, (413) 442-7047
· BFAIR, 771 Church Street, North Adams, (413) 664-9382
· Berkshire County ARC, 395 South Street, Pittsfield, (413) 499-4241
· UCP, 535 Curran Highway, North Adams, (413) 664-9345
· Berkshire YMCA (413) 347-6534
· New England Farmworkers Council, (413) 236-5890 or (800) 573-4684
o Childcare resource and referrals, childcare vouchers
· Department of Early Education and Care, (413) 788-8401
o Emergency Childcare listing: https://eeclead.force.com/apex/EEC_ChildCareEmergencyProcedure
· Northern Berkshire Community Coalition, 61 Main Street, North Adams, (413) 663-7588
o Family support, resource connection, Beacon Recovery Center, youth programming, food access
o Open by appointment only, Monday to Friday from 9-3 pm
o For a listing of services please visitwww.nbccoaltion.org.
· 18 Degrees, 480 West Street, Pittsfield
o Family support, resource connection, youth programming
o They can be reached at (413) 448-8281 or 18degreesma.org.
· Multicultural BRIDGE, Main Street in Lee, is reaching out to connect people with resources. If you need support with food for your family or other essential supplies , please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 394-4029. They are compiling a list of access points and will post them to their page and also has private donors & volunteers willing to help.
· Berkshire Helping Hands is a grassroots organization providing support throughout north Berkshire. They can be reached at (413) 441-3747or via email at email@example.com.
· Karla Kares (Pittsfield) Contact Karla at (413) 329-2261 or connect on Facebook.
Diapers: Recommendation to call to coordinate appointments for pick up
· Northern Berkshire Community Coalition, 61 Main Street, North Adams (413) 663-7588
· Al Nelson Friendship Food Pantry, 70 Holden Street, North Adams (413) 664-0123
· New Direction Women Center, 98 Church Hill St., North Adams (413) 346-4291
· Berkshire Diaper Project, (413) 446-5038
· Gladys Allen Brigham Center, 165 East St., Pittsfield (413) 442-5174
· 18 Degrees, Family Resource Center, 480 West St., Pittsfield (413) 448-8281
· Healthy Families Program, 52 North St, Suite 320, Pittsfield (413) 445-4324
· South Congregational Church, 110 South St, Pittsfield
o Wednesday & Thursday, 8 -11 am; pick up at the rear entrance of the church
· Berkshire Dream Center, 475 Tyler Street, Pittsfield (413) 522-3495
o Wed, 10-12:30,
· Elizabeth Freeman Center, 43 Francis Avenue, Pittsfield (866) 401-2425
· Lee Food Pantry, 45 Railroad St., Lee (413) 266-1141 o Saturdays, 10-12
· CHP WIC program, 442 Stockbridge Road, Great Barrington (413) 528-0457; open daily
· Elder Services: (413) 499-0524
o Meals on Wheels, services and supports for seniors
· Local Council on the Aging
o Adams (413) 743-8333
o North Adams (413) 662-3126
o Clarksburg (413) 663-8253
o Florida (413) 662-2811
o Cheshire (413) 743-9719
o Williamstown (413) 458- 8250
o New Ashford (413) 661-3408
Alzheimer’s Helpline: (800) 272-3900
Nursing Home Family Resource Line (617) 660-5399
· DTA Assistance Line: (877) 382-2363
o Department of Unemployment Assistance: (877) 626-6800, (617) 626-6338
· Unemployment has waived the waiting period https://www.mass.gov/unemployment-insurance-ui-online
· MA Consumer Protection Hotline: (617) 727-8400
MountainONE Customer Care Center (855) 444-6861
Berkshire Community Action Council: www.bcacinc.org; (413) 445-4503, (413) 663-3014 Please contact BCAC for support with fuel assistance, utility bills, tax preparation, and more. No walk in services available at this time.
Neighbor to Neighbor Fund grant program: http://www.berkshiretaconic.org/bReceivebNonprofitsIndividuals/SearchApplyforGrants/NeighbortoNeighborN2N.aspx
• Small Business Association: www.sba.gov
• (low interest loans, COVID19 support)
• Bartender Emergency Fund: www.usbgfoundation.org/beap
• Artists: EforAll, www.eforall.org
• Restaurant Strong Fund: www.thegreghillfoundation.org
• Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation COVID19 Emergency Response Fund
The Department of Public Utilities issued a moratorium to suspend all shut-offs of gas and electric utilities for residential customers during the COVID-19 State of Emergency. This action was taken to ensure that residential customers will continue to have electric and gas utility service during this state of emergency.
Food Bank of Western MA https://www.foodbankwma.org, (413) 247-9738, (800) 247-9632
· Berkshire Immigrant Center, 67 East Street, Pittsfield, (413) 445-4881
· Multicultural BRIDGE: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 394-4029
· Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition, https://www.miracoalition.org/
MassHealth has expanded eligibility and coverage in response to COVID19.
See https://www.mass.gov/topics/masshealth for more information.
Berkshire Nursing Families: Our lactation consultations, classes, playgroups, call program and the Breastfeeding/Parenting Support Line are all still available. The Support Line Number for all of Berkshire County is (413) 743-5338. More information please visit www.berkshirenursingfamilies.org
WIC: Our 510 North Street & North Adams WIC sites are currently closed until further notice, but we are serving our Participants over the phone. If you already have an upcoming appointment, we will call you in the near future to help you and to load your benefits onto your WIC Card. If you do not have a scheduled appointment or if you have questions, please call our Pittsfield office at (413) 447-3495 - if we are unable to answer, please leave a voicemail. We will call you back as soon as possible and apologize for the delay.
Nuestras oficinas de 510 North Street & North Adams WIC esta′n actualmente cerrados, pero estamos atendiendo a nuestros participants por tele′fono. Si ya tienes una pro′xima cita programada, lo llamaremos en un future cercano para ayudarlo y cargar sus beneficios en si tarjeta de WIC. Si no tiene una cita programada o si tiene preguntas, por favor llame a (413) 447-3495 deje una mensage de voz. Le devolveremos a llamada lo mas antes possible y le pedimos disculpas por cualquier retraso.
Berkshire County Regional Housing: www.bcrha.com BCRHA’s contact number is (413) 443-7138. People can call the triage line at ext. 229 or use our names directory. No walk in services available at this time.
Louison House (north county) (413) 663-6323 x4
Barton’s Crossing: (413) 442-1445
Construct Inc: (413) 528-1985
· Brien Center: (413) 499-0142
· Clinical Support Options (CSO): (413) 236-5656
· ServiceNet: (413) 442-4003 or www.servicenet.org
· National Alliance on Mental Illness www.nami.org
o NAMI Helpline: (800) 950-6264
o NAMI Massachusetts: (617) 704-6264
The Berkshire Chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness has set up a number that people can call to speak about coping with tough times, such as the COVID-19 pandemic. Until 8 p.m. each day, calls to 413-445-1136 will be answered by a NAMI staff member or a trained volunteer with "lived experience" of mental health issues and trauma. In other hours people can leave their phone number and first name and they will be contacted within 24 hours. All calls are confidential.
Additional resources include:
· Call 2-1-1 and choose the “CALL2TALK” option.
· Samaritans is continuing operations 24/7, as always. During this unprecedented time, it can feel overwhelming to receive constant messages about COVID-19. Call or text their 24/7 helpline any time at 877-870-4673.
· The Disaster Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster, including disease outbreaks like COVID-19. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories.
· Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
o en espanol: (888) 628-9454
For younger children: Sesame Street in Communities https://sesamestreetincommunities.org
· One Tough Job: www.onetoughjob.org
· Berkshire Macaroni Kid:
Community Legal Aid, 152 North Street, #155, Pittsfield (413) 499-1950
The SafeLink toll-free number is (877) 785-2020. For the hearing-impaired, the SafeLink TTY number is (877) 521-2601. Advocates are available in English and Spanish and can provide translation in more than 130 languages. This hotline is designed for crisis intervention support for those who need assistance in safety planning measures for both themselves and their families. This resource is now available through the 2-1-1 line as an additional method for victims to access help and resources. If you are experiencing violence within your home or concerned about a loved one that may be experiencing violence, please call the SafeLink hotline for support and resources. If you are in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1.
· Elizabeth Freeman Center (413) 663-7459 or (866) 401-2425
· Department of Children and Families (413) 236-1800 or (800) 792-5200
· Elder Abuse Line: (800) 922-2275
· Faith Based Organizations
o North Adams Congregational, Carolyn Peck
o Hancock Baptist, Chuck Moser
o Berkshire Union, Bill Furey
o Northern Berkshire Christian Church, Robert Bellafatte
o Adams Congregational, Mike Mullany
o Rowe Community, Irv Mullette
o Williamstown Congregational, Jinx Tong
o Second Congregational, Penny Smith
o St. John’s Episcopal, Nathaniel Anderson
o White Oaks, Susan Stewart
o Cheshire Baptist, Chris Ordono
o Cheshire Methodist
o All Saints Episcopal Church, Mary Frances
o Community Bible, Doug Duncan
o Terra Nova, Paul Gordon
o New Hope, Dan Randall
o Living Hope, Larry Jones
o Florida Baptist, Dan Lampron
o Mt. Greylock Baptist, Eric Malachuk
o Stamford Community, Jim Lamoth
o Fellowship Bible Church of Williamstown, Chuck St. John
o First Baptist Church of North Adams, Dave Anderson
Substance Use & Recovery Meetings
The Beacon Recovery Community Center, a NBCC program, is holding virtual meetings. Interested individuals can contact the Coalition at (413)663-7588 for more information and to get the log in credentials.
https://nerna.org/virtual-meetings/ http://aa-intergroup.org/directory.php https://recoverydharma.online/ https://www.lifering.org/online-meetings
Multicultural BRIDGE: (413) 394-4029
Berkshire Immigrant Center: (413) 445-4881
Jewish Federation of Western MA: (413) 737-4313
· Berkshire Regional Transit Authority, 1 Columbus Ave., Pittsfield
o (413) 499-2782 or (800) 292-2782
· Northern Berkshire Transport (413) 458-9831
· Local Council on the Aging
Solider On, 360 West Housatonic Street (413) 236-5644; email@example.com
· ROOTS Teen Center: Call Executive Director Paula Buxbaum (413) 663-0250 for connections to meals and resources. Updates are provided on the FB page and www.rootsteencenter.com www.nationalsafeplace.orgText “Safe” to 4Help (44357)
· NBCC Youth Programs: (413) 663-7588
o Serving North County
· Railroad Street Youth Project: (413) 528-2475
o Serving South County