January Monthly District & Community News
- 1/22/18 Board of Education Meeting @ 6:30 pm
- 1/23/18 8th Grade Family Night @ Northwest High School
- 1/27/18 NWHS Booster Monte Carlo Night-- See attached
- 1/27/18 Colerain High School Winterguard and Percussion Preview Show 7 PM
- 1/29/18 Faith-Based Organization Collaboration Meeting--Details below
- Waycross Schedule
Exciting News Around NWLSD
- Congratulations to Ann Weigel Elementary Principal Lori Riehle on being named UC Economics Department Principal of the Year! See Attachment.
- News story about Precision Machine Program at CHS: https://www.wcpo.com/news/our-community/why-local-manufacturers-want-to-hire-teenagers
- Congratulations to returning Board President Pam Detzel
- Congratulations to our new Board of Education Vice-President Bob Engel
- Congratulations to our new Board of Education Members, Joe Yoshimura and Mark Gilbert on their new positions.
- Colerain High School art teacher, Carrie Barnett, was elected the President Elect for the Ohio Art Education Association this past November during their annual conference which was held in Toledo. The OAEA is a statewide service organization operated by an executive committee and board of directors, consisting of elected representatives from nine regions and eight divisions. These volunteers serve in a variety of capacities on the local, regional and state levels. Carrie begins her new role this January and will assume the Presidential duties in January of 2019. Congratulations to her as she continues to serve art educators from around the state.
- Tara Sprandel, a Butler Tech Bioscience/Colerain High School student, will be recognized as being one of Ohio’s five Career Tech Education Presidential Scholars Program semi-finalists.
- Butler Tech is offering some exciting Adult Education Classes at the Colerain Career Center. Classes start soon so do not delay registration. Thank you Butler Tech for being a great partner with NWLSD and caring about our community. Stop by the district webpage for more information. NWLSD.org
- The Momentum Award is presented by the State Board of Education and recognizes schools for exceeding expectations in student growth for the year. Schools must earn straight A’s on all Value-Added measures on the report card. The school or district must have at least two Value-Added subgroups of students, which includes gifted, lowest 20% in achievement, and students with disabilities. We are happy to announce that Northwest Local School District is one of 7 school districts in southwest Ohio to receive this award!
- On 1/23/18 at 6:30, families of current 8th graders and future Northwest Knights are invited to the 8th Grade Family Night at NWHS.
- On 1/29/18 from 10:30-12pm, local faith-based organizations are invited to meet with NWLSD administration to discuss collaboration efforts to serve our great community. Please RSVP by emailing Dustin Gehring, Student Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly Northwest Notables Blog
- NWLSD Construction Update Site
Superintendent Todd Bowling’s Most Recent Podcast
Enjoy the most recent NWLSD Super Chat Podcast
January Superintendent NWLSD Super Chat Podcast
- Philosophy with weather related decisions
- Dress Code Survey Update
- Diversity Committee Update
Here is the LINK for the January Podcast
Upcoming Board Meeting Agenda Items
- Students, teachers and administrators from Colerain Middle School, Pleasant Run Middle School and White Oak Middle School will be speaking about how the district One-2-One Technology Initiative has positively impacted instruction this school year.
- The 2018-19 Program of Study was presented on January 8, 2018 for information.
- Dr. Stephanie Kessling will present the Certificated and Licensed Staffing and District Organization Plan.
- Summary of Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying official complaints for the first semester of the 2017/2018 school year.