Mobile Application Development, 4th semester, Weekly plan
This plan is subject to change! Read the plan often, but do not print the plan.
Week 5, 28.01-31.01
- Introduction to the course
- The necessary software
- Android Activities
- Android Intents
- Beer Adviser, go through the example from Head First, chapter 2:
Make the project and run it on your phone or emulator.
- Collect words, first version | solution
- Calculator, first version
Uploading apps to your phone can be done in many ways.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a cable, Head First Android, page 105
Week 6, 04.02-08.02
- Messenger, go through the example from Head First, chapter 3: Make the project and run it on your phone or emulator.
Week 7, 11.02 - 15.02
- ListViews and Adapters
- ListView and ArrayAdapter
- Extra: Try to add data to a Spinner using a ListAdapter
- Preferences: Ask the user about his/her favorite font size, and use this font size in the application. The font size must be stored using SharedPreference.
Extra: Ask for favorite color, and use if as the background color.
- Google Firebase: Try some of the features, like authentication and NoSQL databases
Week 8, Monday 18.02
- Support Libraries and App Bars
- Testing Android apps
Week 9, Monday 25.02, No lessons according to the schedule
Thursday 28.02 14:00
information about internship (5th semester), room D1-35
Week 10, Monday 04.03
Introduction to BERTHA, personalised sensors, by Aarhus University, Risø
- Networking: REST etc.
- Async Task
- Gesture detection: Swipe, etc.
Week 11, Monday 11.03
Tuesday 12.03 information about internship (5th semester), room D1-35
Week 12, Monday 18.03
- Head First Android: Chapter 18, At Your Service
- Head First Android, Chapter 19, Bound Together
Week 13, Monday 25.03
- Kotlin, another programming language for Android
Week 14, Monday 01.04
Microsofts way os makine cross platform applications using C# and Visual studio
Week 15 Monday 08.04
- Working on the mandatory assignment
- If you are ready you can show me your solution to the mandatory assignment.
Week 16, 15.04-19.04, Easter vacation all week
Week 17, Monday 22.04 is a Holiday
Week 17, Thursday 25.04
Last chance to show me your solution to the mandatory assignment.
Week 18-22, 29.04-29.05 Individual projekt
Wednesday 29.05, last chance to hand in your report.
Week 25, 18.06-21.06 Exams