Happy birthday Wed., 4/10 to Destiney W.
SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Mon., 4/22, Thurs., 5/30 and Fri., 5/31. More may be added later after we see what else winter has in store for us.
01. Lunch today: Sub and fixings, fruit, milk
Breakfast tomorrow: French toast sticks, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Chicken wings, fries, fruit, milk.
02. College/Military Reps:
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 4/16 - Dynamic reading, P5
Fri., 4/12 - Life 101, 8:25-9:15.
Gr. 7-10 in gym
Gr. 11-12 in choir room
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Class trip Seniors will be absent from school Thurs., 4/18-Mon., 4/22. Joel B., Wyatt C., Daniel D., Brittany E., MaKayla E., Parker F., Talitha H., Jake K., Melinda L., Ben O., Andrew Q., Skyler S., Grace W.
All other Seniors are expected to be in class as usual.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
April 12- Technology & Trades
May 1- Raymond Clarke
May 1- Maurice & Hilda Mitchell
May 13- MN. Athletes in Sports Medicine
07. New Books in the Media Center
Finding Gobi by Dion Leonard
550 Lexile, 5 pts.
The incredible true story of Dion Leonard, an athlete who was befriended by a stray dog while running an ultramarathon through the Gobi Desert.
08. Book Club will be meeting in Mrs. Kletscher’s room to discuss The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens on Monday, 4/15 over lunch - the same day the author will be coming to speak to our school!
09. Mon., 4/15 - All students to the auditorium by 2:00 (dismiss at 1:55) for a program by Minnesota author Allen Eskins. Program should run to end of day.
10. Looking for summer employment?
End-O-Line in Currie is taking applications. Check out the info on the board outside the HS office.
The Westbrook Pool is looking for new lifeguards this summer! We are also holding a class right here in Westbrook! Please contact Katie at City Hall 274-5110 to get an application! Must be 15 years old to take the classes.
11. Spring Sports
Golf and Track pictures are still on for today. Golf at 3:30 and Track at 4:00.
JH BASEBALL - There will be no practice today for JH baseball. We will have practice on Monday- remember to bring outdoor and indoor clothing. Pictures are on Wednesday of next week.
SOFTBALL - Varsity practice only, in Jeffers today.
12. 2019-2020 CLASS REGISTRATION -- Students will be called to the office, one at a time, when it is time to register.
13. COME HOME TO LAURA INGALLS!
Who: All are welcome
What: Wilder Pageant Outdoor Theater Tryouts
When: Friday, April 12 from 6:00-8:00 PM Saturday, April 13th from 10:00-noon
Where: Trinity Lutheran Church in Walnut Grove, Mn. ( 1 block west of the school)
Why: Great summer activity for the whole family.
Questions: Contact Erin Richards at 507-829-4953 or at email@example.com
Check Website at walnutgrove.org/pageant-tryouts. for details. Attachment contains the information from the web page.
14. MN State Survey for grades 8, 9, & 11 at 8:20 on ?????.
8th grade - computer lab
9th grade - Mrs. Caygle’s room and Mrs. Thao’s room
11th grade - Mr. Merrick’s room
Study Hall for others
Gr. 7 - Sandbulte’s room
Gr. 10 - Barron’s room
Gr. 12 - Byer’s room
15. Junior girls - TODAY at 2:50 - Meet in the cafeteria for information re: the Miss Westbrook Scholarship Program,
16. The following students will be gone April 18th for Envirothon:
Houa, Sammy W, Ethan S, Anna L, and Mia.
17. Help needed Friday evening at WB Comm. Center for Lions’ supper. Free meal and entertainment by SW MN Men's Choir for students willing to help setup and take down. Let Mr. Woelber or Karen know if you can help.
18. Khyle Radke Summer Strength/Speed & Agility program…... MWF, 9-10:30, June 3rd - Aug. 9th at the Westbrook Gym
Cost is $75 per athlete, $50 for 2nd sibling, $25 for 3rd.
Sign up with Mr. Theisen by May 20th
19. These students will finish testing on Mon., 4/15. Report to Media Center Lab at beginning of P3.
Elijah M., Zach K., Luke D., Mason B., Isabella R., Chase K., Lexi H.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Fri., 4/26 - CPT, 7:45-9:15 AM.
03. Faculty meeting on Mon., 4/15, 7:45 AM.
Mon., 4/15 - ECFE at WB, 5:30.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Fri., 4/12 - No events today.
Sat., 4/13 - GF at Worthington Tourney, 9:00 AM. Bus leaves WB at 7:30 AM.
Mon., 4/15 - GF at Sanborn, 4:00.
SB, GHECML at Sanborn, 4:30.
Tues., 4/16 - Bab, (V & JV), Adrian at Lamb., 4:30.
JH Bab at Tracy, 4:30.
SB (V & JH) at Ellsworth, 4:30.
TR, Fulda Inv. at Slayton, 4:00.
7-8 TR at Jackson, 4:15.
GF, MLA at WB, 4:30.
Thurs., 4/18 - Bab (V & JV), MLAC at Lamb., 4:30.
JH Bab, MLAC at WB, 4:30.
SB (V & JH) at Mtn. Lake, 4:30.
GF at Slayton, 4:00.