In Attendance: Alan Smith, Stephen Wright, Hal Brockman, Randy Grant, Noel Tavan
Excused: Dave Green, Meg Dumez
Guests: Mike Pagalan, Jacob Campbell, Karen Peterson
- Call to Order, Announcement and Introductions
- Board Member Committee Reports
- November P & L
- November Balance Sheet
- 844 members currently. Dec-Jan is the primary renewal season.
- Race Operations - Steve and Noel-
- Email sent to all race directors to set a date for meeting, maybe once a quarter.
- Equipment and Storage - Hal
- Marketing/Social Media - Steve, Randy
- Meg has been pushing facebook.
- Steve working with Dave Cook as interim Treasurer. Steve interview a candidate interested in a portion of the position. Discussion will continue.
- Investment opportunities update - Steve
- Currently $89k money market at .15%
- Proposed Charles Schwab investment account consisting of conservative money market/bonds/CDs
- Propose transferring additional $50k from +200K checking into Charles Schwab money market
- Motion by Steve to increase investment to $139,000 from previously approved $89,000. Motion was seconded and passed.
- 2018 Race participant surveys and P & L - Board
- 2019 ORRC Operation budget- Final review - Steve
- Based on Sept '17 - Aug '18 Actuals
- To better understand ORRC spending habits, Steve asked for the board to direct emails ref past spending or proposed 2019 budget questions between the December and January meetings. Once questions are satisfactorily answered, then board will further the discussion to pass the budget at January meeting. Once budget is passed, the RDs and program managers will be informed of their budgets, and asked to notify board of any anticipated overages.
- Treasurer will provide both the board and RD individual race P & Ls as they occur.
- Race Event Profitability Policy
- Seven of the 12 listed race events operate in the red.
- Steve will present to board before January meeting a doc outline those steps to be taken once a race has experienced two consecutive years’ losses.
- A motion to accept Meg’s application to the board was presented, seconded and passed unanimously. Welcome Meg
- Steve, Jacob and Mike will present a plan at January’s meeting for proposed track meet
- Linfield/ORRC Internship and Race Proposal - Randy
- Condensed Proposal
- Randy will bring back info to the next Board meeting about the financial aspects of this.
- The motion to upfront $3K for Linfield College May 2018 race was passed.
- Election of 2019 Officers and board member extensions
- Board Members Motion to approve next years term of President and Vice President was approved.
- Who can help Jan 27 4-6 pm?
- Choose overall club awards
- Volunteer Award
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Kathy Weidkamp Volunteer Award
- Al Nakata Award
- Helen Lachman Award
- Club Appreciation Award
- Document with descriptions - click here
- Steve will email members separate doc listed awards as well as the requesting their nominations.
- 2020 RRCA Conference leads
- Steve suggests at least 3 people attend 2019 RRCA annual conference in New Orleans to then take conference lead positions at the March 19-22, 2020 RRCA conference in Portland. Steve will email board positions and duties. Board members are then asked to select lead positions. 2019 conference attendees will follow after lead selection. Steve if you are interested. Steve will ask for past event information for 3-5 years.
- 2019 RRCA Conference (New Orleans) ORRC attendees
- Reference previous agenda item