All post hire charges are deducted from the security deposit or charged to the credit/debit card details provided on the Cardholder Authorisation Form. Should the total damages exceed the security deposit held, the customer will be liable for the total cost and the difference must be settled within seven days of returning the motorhome.
Vehicle Inventory, Gas, Fuel & Meter charges:
(At the commencement of the hire, the meter readings and fuel levels will be recorded for acknowledgement by hirer on the Pre-Hire Vehicle Checklist)
1) Collection & Return time. The collection time is from 3pm & return time is 11am. Please collect after the collection time and return before return time shown. Late returns are charged a minimum fee of £100.00 for any vehicle returned after the notified return time, if returned over 60 minutes late the charge is £199.00. An earlier collection time may be possible (subject to availability and confirmation in writing). We have a strict no late return policy.
2) Diesel fuel levels: The diesel fuel level is recorded at the start of the hire. Upon return, the diesel fuel level is measured again. The vehicle is required to be returned with same level as at point of collection. Any Diesel shortfall is charged at £2.00 per litre plus a £45.00 refuelling charge may apply. There is no refund if the vehicle is returned with excess fuel.
3) Waste water tank. The waste tank will be empty upon collection. The waste water tank must be returned empty and disposed of responsibly. If the waste water tank is not returned empty a £75.00 charge applies.
4) Toilet Cassette. The toilet cassette will be empty on collection. The cassette must be returned clean, empty and disposed of responsibly. If the toilet cassette is not empty upon return a £100.00 charge applies. NOTE: The toilet cassette cannot be emptied at the depot.
5) Cleaning, Bedding, Food and Refuse Disposal. The hirer must clean the returning vehicle to the same standard as collected, remove and responsibly dispose of all personal bedding, waste food and refuse before the motorhome is returned. Any motorhome returned requiring cleaning, or with any waste will incur a Cleaning, Bedding, Food and Refuse disposal fee of £45.00.
6) Excess mileage: Unless previously agreed and paid for, the vehicle hire charge includes 400 inclusive miles for the hire period. Excess mileage (opening mileage - inclusive mileage - closing mileage) is charged at £0.90p per additional mile..
7) Propane Gas: All gas must be pre-ordered and paid for unless included in your hire package. Unused gas will not be refunded. Gas is supplied in 6kg and 13kg propane gas bottles, fitted in the gas locker of the motorhome. The gas bottles must always be returned, in the same condition as supplied. A £75 charge will be made to damaged or lost gas bottles. Gas is supplied on a pre-order basis only and a gas bottle must be fitted at all times. The cost of gas is additional to your hire cost.
8) Speeding. The vehicle is fitted with a GPS tracking alert that alerts any speeds reached in excess of 73 mph. The vehicle is not designed to exceed 70mph at any time. For passenger safety & vehicle stability, each alert will incur a charge of £75.00 per day (Time, location, date and speeding details supplied on request). A £9 post hire admin fee will apply for speeding.
9) Valet cleaning fee. If the vehicle is returned in a poor overall state of cleanliness requiring an additional level of cleaning, a valet cleaning charge of £75.00 will apply.
10) Tyre compressor kit: The vehicle is supplied with a tyre compressor kit. If the kit is not present upon return of the vehicle a £99.00 replacement fee will apply.
11) Kitchen Inventory Items: Kitchen utensils, cutlery, crockery, pots & pans are itemised on return. For each missing item, a £3.00 replacement fee applies.
12) Car parking. All vehicles are parked at owners risk. Pre-booking is advised. None reserved, daily parking rate is £10 per insurable day, per vehicle. Pre-booked parking rate is £6 per day.
Vulnerable Parts & Damages NOT covered by optional Insurance Excess Waiver (IEW):
The damages and charges below are non-insurable and are NOT included in the optional IEW cover.
NOTE: If new damages are found during the post hire inspection, the charge(s) may be deducted from the security deposit or charged to the credit/debit card details provided on the Cardholder Authorisation Form.
At commencement of the hire, any pre-existing exterior and interior damages will be recorded for acknowledgement by hirer on the Pre-Hire Vehicle Checklist
- Wing mirror (casing). Damage to the wing mirror casing, incurs a replacement fee of £399.00.
- Wing mirror (glass). Damage to the wing mirror glass, incurs a replacement fee of £99.00.
- Exterior running light. Exterior running light that are missing or damaged, incurs a replacement fee of £45.00 per running light.
- Habitation windows damage. Cracked or damaged habitation windows, incurs a replacement fee of £399.00 per habitation window.
- Habitation window (scratches). Scratched or scarred Habitation window, incurs a repair fee of £45.00 per window.
- Habitation body marks (dints, scuffs & light scratches). Marks to the habitation body, incur repair fee of £45.00 per dint, scuff or scratch.
-All punctures to the bodywork will be assessed on an individual basis.
Hirer remains liable for the full cost of repair non-insurable damages.
- Skylight damage. Skylight window damage incurs a replacement fee of £399.00 per skylight window
- Skylight damage. Skylight window winding mechanism damage incurs a replacement fee of £99.00 per skylight window.
- Skylight damage. Skylight window blind damage incurs a replacement fee of £99.00 per skylight window.
- Light clusters. Damage to rear Light cluster are subject to a replacement charge of £349.00
- Wheel Arch. Damage to wheel arch incurs a replacement fee of £199.00.
- Luton Leg charge. Damage to Luton Leg incurs a replacement fee of £668.91
All/any Interior (habitation) damages including:
1) Table damage. Damage to the table top, leg or hinge are subject to a replacement table charge of £199.00.
2) Interior lights. Broken or damaged interior lights are subject to a £50 replacement charge per light.
3) Interior scrapes and scuffs. Flooring, doors and interior walls found with scuffs or scratches are subject to a £45.00 repair charge for each.
Other non-insurable Post hire charges
Smoking: If smoking is suspected upon return of the vehicle, a valet fee of £150.00 may apply.
Fresh water tank contamination. Diesel fuel contamination of the fresh water tank incurs a £1000 fixed penalty fee.
All damage sustained to driver cab will be assessed on an individual basis. Hirer is liable for the full cost of repair up to standard insurance policy excess of £1000.
Damage caused to the vehicle or third party through a reversing manoeuvre.
Damage not itemised on Exterior damages or Interior damages list, charged at the cost of replacement parts & labour @ £45.00 per hour.
Over-head damage. Any damages found to the any part of the vehicle over-head section, is not covered by insurance or optional IEW cover and will be assessed on an individual basis. Hirer is liable for the full cost of repair up to standard insurance policy excess of £1000.
Time Off Road Fee. All damages are subject to a time off road fee. The time off road fee is charged at a daily rate of £95 per day + VAT and is for the loss of revenue attributed to repair time. Depending on the extent of the damages, the time off road fee is added to the final charge applied. The minimum time off road is 0.5 days. The maximum time off road is 5 days.
Associated Damage Costs charged at the prevailing rate.
Roadside Assistance Fees - Unless the optional Roadside Assistance Cover has been pre-ordered and paid for, a Roadside Assistance call out fee of £120 + VAT may be charged for each call out.
Replacement or repair of windscreen, tyres, wheels or bike racks - charged at the full replacement value.
VAT: All post hire charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate of 20%
Admin fees. A one off £9.00 admin fee (inc vat) applies if any charges arise from the post hire inspection.
Booking Amendment(s) fee
In addition to any post hire charges, a £24 +VAT booking amendment fee(s) may be deducted from the security deposit for any/all amendments or administration arising at any time during pre-hire, in-hire or post-hire period for which the hirer has either requested or where the hirer is deemed responsible.
Booking amendment fees may apply for the administration to changes made to: any/all hirer information provided, collection/return dates, duration, pickup location, return location or any other travel itinerary changes (where the hirer is deemed responsible).
Booking Amendment fees may apply for the administration of: any/all cancelled optional extras, products and services (including insurance excess waiver). Any/all non insurable damages fees arising. Any/all Insurance submission claims arising. Any/all non authorised depot parking, pets, vehicle hire accessories or optional equipment use. Non authorised late or early return, late or early collection of the vehicle, Any traffic or parking violations. Any lost, broken or non returned vehicle inventory, components, accessories or optional equipment. Return of hirer personal property (where the hirer is deemed responsible).
Booking Administration fees may apply for the administration of: overdue hire related information, late payments of vehicle hire charge, extras or deposits, late completion of pre-hire booking processes or late completion of hire rental agreement documentation (where the hirer is deemed responsible).
Booking Administration fees may apply for the administration of: a vehicle breakdown, recovery, call out, in-hire technical support, repatriation or garaging issues, any/all third party, police, government agency, legal or emergency services incidents (where the hirer is deemed responsible).
Non-insured damages picture examples
Below are photographic examples and itemised charges for common damages which are deemed non-insurable.
The following surcharges may be charged to you after returning the motorhome. Charges will be deducted from the Security Deposit. If damages exceed the Security Deposit, the balance will be charged to the credit card information supplied on your completed cardholder authority.
Wing Mirror Glass Damage
Wing Mirror replacement
Any external vent replacements (each)
In-Hire Service & Compensation
Whilst we endeavour to provide a faultless motorhome hire service, problems sometimes can and do arise whilst out on hire. Our in-hire support team are available on chat, text or phone (Charges may apply) throughout your hire period to help resolve any problems.
Any problem must be reported to In-Hire team as soon as possible after it is discovered. To report a problem, text "help" to 82222. If a problem cannot be remedied during the hire you may be eligible to claim for a fixed fee compensation payment.
(If a fixed fee compensation claim is made and approved, the approved fixed fee compensation payment will be applied to your security deposit refund payment)
A fixed fee compensation payment is calculated on the number of days from when the problem was reported to the day the vehicle was returned to the depot
Fixed fee compensation rates for reported unresolved hire problems are:
Radio, TV & DVD player - a maximum compensation rate is £1 per full day
Cab air conditioning - the maximum compensation rate is £3 per full day
Leisure battery / Fridge - the maximum compensation is £5 per full day
Heating & Hot/Cold Water - the maximum compensation is £5 per full day
Water leaks & ingress - the maximum compensation is £5 per full day
Non working toilet - the maximum compensation is £3 per full day
Unless the motorhome is connected to mains power, we do not warrant the supply of the electricity using the leisure battery alone.
Fixed fee compensation claims are inclusive of VAT and must reported to the depot manager on hire return, and the claim must be submitted in within 28 days of the hire return date and sent via email to email@example.com.
Fixed fee payments are agreed to be full and final compensation to the reported problems.