Christopher T. Pick
An experienced, hands-on, technical leader with a strong record of high-performing mobile app solutions. Adept at leading, growing, and mentoring distributed teams of engineers while focusing on the customer experience. Routinely receives excellent reviews from leadership for delivering executive vision, leadership and quality.
- Managed & Mentored a team of engineers & manager across four global locations.
- Oversaw the overall architecture and development (performance/stability/offline) of the Climate FieldView Application.
- Engineering Lead for international expansion for all of Climate Corp. Including translation and units of measure.
- Chaired the Developer Relations Roundtable, managing and approving budget for conferences, training and meetups.
- Ran daily stand-up as scrum master and also filled the role of TPM.
- Mentored & grew engineers through their career with weekly one on ones, goal setting & personal career development.
- Lead the team towards CICD of the Android app, becoming the first fully CICD application at Climate.
- Developed & executed a plan for Kotlin adoption for our codebase with minimal impact on deliverables.
- Worked closely with Design, Product, and Data Analytics on product features.
- Worked closely with product to identify improvements and new features that could be incorporated into our product that provided value to the customers, and retention to the company.
- Developed Android features & Android bug fixes during day to day.
- Android Developer for My Disney Experience 2.x.
- Lead the Tickets & Passes feature from start to finish; working with design & product.
- Made the help & FAQ sections of the application to be dynamic, and fully tested.
- Mentored Jr. Developers
July 2010 - February 2014
- Engineer on Cisco Cius (Gingerbread) and DX650 (JellyBean)
- Developed Search provider for predictive dialing w/ multiple remote sources (DX650)
- Implemented Drag/Drop calling in phone app.
- Collaborated with outside consultants to provide documentation, sample code & stubs.
- Developed search service utilizing C++ via JNI to provide corporate user directory search to Android. (Cius)
- Developed initial training material for new developers working on Android
- Delivered 1 hour initial Android training in groups of 3 to 40 people
- Daily activities included
- git, clearcase, svn for source control
- Working on prototype hardware
- Doing full AOSP builds
I was the IT manager of a plaintiff law firm specializing in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, and Defective Product litigation. Managed 2 direct reports, IT Budget, backups, networking, cell phone plans, and day to day operation across 5 offices in Texas with 85 employees and a dozen servers.
- Finished hardware refresh started by predecessor
- Able to improve network & server stability, where I was rarely paged after hours
- Developed a process for auditing AT&T blackberry bills to see if employees were out of compliance or we were over billed.
- Identified an existing design flaw in overall network topology (80% of users connected to our datacenter via a single 1gbps connection), and a solution.
- Managed the IT Budget, and was able to reduce cost while increasing performance of our file room & printers.
- Automated many of the tasks that had previously been done manually to allow me to focus on the end users.
- Acquired quotes and developed budget for new hardware after lease expiration.
The City of Rowlett; at the time, had a population just over 50,000. With almost 300 desktops and laptops, over 125 printers, and 50 servers, I was responsible for Public Safety, Parks and Rec network/computer operations. I was also the backup admin for the remaining city divisions. During my tenure, I split my time on common day to day system administration activities and software development.
- Gathered Requirements and then designed & developed website using ASP.NET / SQL for Police called APB (Automated Police Briefing) to help provide information from one shift to the next.
- Identified an issue where legal documents were being shared via an FTP server, replaced this with a way for internal employees to upload sensitive documents to a password protected/encrypted service where they could download the documents.
- Worked with GIS department to write SQL queries to extract crime data for GIS Mapping.
- Mentored 2 interns during a summer program
- Developed a VB.NET application to synchronize edit and product of Microsoft CMS.
- Upgraded servers and AD from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003.
- Implemented AD push installations of MS Office and other applications
- Designed & implemented free wifi at the water park (1st in nation).
- Implemented automated server monitoring & notifications.
- Collaborated in design & planning of new network topology.
- Designed & Implemented Server & Thin Client for computer lab at library.
- Assisted in budgeting, auting, gathering quotes, justifications.
Managed the loan origination & servicing software (Daybreak Lending Suite) for a full service loan origination & servicing company for the manufactured home industry. I was responsible for making sure the 3rd party software was running and configured correctly, working closely with an Oracle DBA to support the Oracle 9i App.
- Researched and proposed digital document (for hard copy) tracking system for our record room. After getting approval and implementing the solution, I designed & built an automated import routine to import closed loans from our origination/servicing platform into our document management system, including printing out folder labels.
- Fixed a bug in the 3rd party delinquency tracking by writing a stored procedure that ran each night and corrected delinquency counts.
- During hurricane season, I developed an application to identify customers in the path of a hurricane so we could reach out to them proactively and pause their accounts if they had to be evacuated.
- Developed scripts to automatically report delinquency counts to all 3 credit bureaus.
Network Administrator / Developer
April 2001 - May 2003
Sollen Technologies (Closed)
Contract Network / System Admin
Oct 2000 - Feb 2001
Lead Network Administrator
July 1999 - August 2000
Go Figure Technology (Closed)
Startup / Co-Founder Experience
Jan 2011 - Sept 2013
Munzee is a real world Geo Location based scavenger hunt, utilizing QR codes, NFC tags, and Virtual Munzees that help players explore the real world while playing a global game.
- Developed 1.x version of Munzee App
- Helped define business direction, goals, and steer clear of common startup mistakes.
- Collaborated on architecture of Mobile APIs
- Integrated with JSON/Rest APIs
- Developed a 2.0 version of Munzee app leveraging Maps API 2.0, App Compat, Google Play services
Froogloid was the publisher of A2B, Key Ring, and Cow Potato. Google selected A2B as a featured application during the month of September 2009, and Cow Potato was entered into the Android Developer Challenge 2 as an OpenGL 3D FPS game. At the time of my departure all three applications had been downloaded over 300,000 times. I was the Android / Technical lead, working hands-on on all our applications.
- Finished A2B ahead of deadline and was able to release application on the first day of Android Market accepting paid applications.
- Designed & developed the back end architecture for online mobile services using combination of ASP.NET/SQL/JSON/IIS
- Leveraged on device sensors, such as camera, GPS, audio recording in applications.
- Lead and Mentored Jr. Android engineer in developing Key Ring Application.
- Provided Technical & Customer support to end users.
- Worked with Motorola & TI after discovering a bug in video driver of Moto Droid while utilizing OpenGL on the TI Chipset.
Switching from Engineer to Manager
March of the Droids
Intro to Android Studio
Big Android BBQ Code Kitchen
Offline Data in Android
Seattle Android Developer Group
Offline Data in Android
Big Android BBQ Amsterdam
Coach - First Lego League 5th & 6th Grade team - Bainbridge Island (2018-present)
Organizer - Seattle Android Developer Group (3000+ members) (2014-present)
Volunteer - IDEAA.IO (2015-2016)
Co-Organizer - Dallas Android Developer User Group (2011-2014)
Member - Rowlett CERT. (2003 – 2014)
President - Crossroads HOA (2003-2004)
Graduate - Rowlett Citizens Police & Fire Academy (2004)
Bachelors of Environmental Design
Sept 1995-December 1998
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX
Microsoft Certified Professional
MCP 270, 290, 293 (XP/W2K3)