R Community Bikes is a grassroots, 501(c)3 organization, staffed entirely by volunteers. We collect and repair used bicycles for distribution, free of charge, to the Rochester, NY, area’s most needy children and adults.
Tracing its beginnings to 2001 and having incorporated in 2008, RCB is now conducting its first search for an Executive Director, an unpaid position with a renewable term of two years.
The ideal candidate would possess strong leadership and organizational skills, previous experience in the nonprofit world and would be well connected in the community at large. In addition he/she/they would have good communication skills, both written and spoken. Some experience in monitoring finances but not necessarily managing them would be helpful as would being bilingual.
Interested individuals can send a resume and cover letter by October 20, 2021 to email@example.com
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific job responsibilities of the Director include but are not limited to:
- Schedule/prepare the agenda and run the Board of Directors business meetings on a regular basis.
- Resolve Human Resources issues such as ensuring volunteers are engaged and recognized for their work. Along with the appropriate functional team leader, formulate and implement corrective action as needed for volunteers and clients.
- Arrange the annual report and submit it to the Board of Directors.
- Act as spokesperson for the organization or delegate same.
- Monitor volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Interact with outside agencies and delegate assignments to appropriate teams.
- Monitor the financial parameters of the organization on a day to day basis, reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Sign legal work with authorization of the Board of Directors.
- Monitor team effectiveness and adjust as necessary for day to day operations.
- Work with the Board of Directors and functional teams to ensure that the organization’s mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Roll out the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
R Community Bikes