- Utilize the CLC model to develop engaging lessons that integrate the mathematical practice standards, using learning targets and success criteria to build clarity and increase student ownership in learning math.
- Further teacher understanding and Implementation of The Big 5, Best Practices Continuum, Anchor Docs.
- Increase student discourse (collaboration), conceptual understanding and application of concepts and practices of real-world problems through Number Talks, Math Tasks and Math Facts implementation (grades 1-3).
- Utilize the CLC model to build clarity around the three dimensions of NGSS (SEP, CCS, DCI). Align learning targets and success criteria with lesson activities of Mystery Science.
- Continue ELD instruction with a focus on increased discourse: collaborative conversations, academic vocabulary, graphic organizers in writing.
- Using CLT and Release time (2 days per grade level), Grade Levels will complete a minimum 4 CLC cycles with a focus on identifying Standards of need, creating learning targets,establish success criteria, create lessons, analyze student work, and make adjustments to instruction based on student results.
- Use CLT, PD, and coaching cycles to implement The Big 5, best practices continuum in math.
- Use CLC cycle, PD/CLT and Instructional Rounds Protocol to analyze/ implement best practices through the following: math discourse, intentional number talks, math tasks, use of manipulatives, math facts program.
- Use CLT and PD time to unpack 3-D standards and identify learning targets, success criteria and align Mystery Science lessons to these standards.
- Grade Levels instruct two Mystery Science Units across the school year utilizing work of above standard.
- Teachers will collaborate to ensure 20 minutes of Designated ELD for all EL students 4 days per week.
- Evidence of Integrated ELD lessons in every classroom including use of Graphic Organizers, Structured Sentence Frames for collaborative conversations.
- Identify and communicate Multi-Tiered System of Supports at Ron Nunn School.
- Intervention for Reading: Universal Screening, Diagnostic assessments to identify reading risk and target instruction for all students in reading K-5 including research based multi-sensory instructional programs.
- Identify and Implement a system of Intervention for Math: Universal Screening, Diagnostic assessments to identify risk in math conceptual and procedural understanding.
- Target instruction for all students in math K-5 using an evidence based program and direct small group instruction.
- Fund TSA 0.50FTE to organize and facilitate Intervention and ELD program.
- Use Canvas to create MTSS reference for all Ron Nunn Staff.
- Teachers will assess student risk for reading proficiency 3x yearly using Universal screeners in FAST to identify at risk students in need of targeted reading interventions. Analysis of scores determine next steps in Intervention Plan per grade level agreements.
- Implement SOAR Reading Intervention to include multi-sensory instruction using BUSD Instructional Routines, Sonday Reading System, Wilson Reading System and Comprehension Routine as appropriate for targeted student needs.
- Teachers will assess student risk for math 3 times per year using Universal Screener in FAST to identify at risk students in need of targeted math intervention.
- Analysis of scores determine next steps in Intervention Plan within classroom per grade level agreements. Math Intervention will take place within classrooms a minimum of 3 days per week for 30 minutes using current curriculum or other evidence based math intervention system.
- Revisit and revamp PBS Systems of Eagle Code.
- Continue teaching Social Emotional Learning Strategies through: Zones of Emotional Regulation, Second Step, Mind Up Mindfulness Strategies, Grace Dearborne Strategies & Growth Mindset.
- Provide safety and supervision for lunch.
- School Wide and Grade Level agreed upon behavior expectations. Revise and create common expectations posters with pictures of appropriate behaviors.
- Weekly lessons (2x week) on Social Emotional Learning
- School Wide Attendance Program
- Fund 1.5 and 0.5 positions for campus supervisor at lunch