Strategy Three: Use The Best Tools & Resources To Advance Learning
Objective 3.2: Blended Learning Environments
Executive Sponsors: Ron Brown, Director of Instructional Technology; Dave Yancey, Director of Operational Technology; Sarah Hanchey, Director of Curriculum & Instruction
Three-Year Benchmark Objectives, Actions, Barriers and Outcomes
- Officially adopt Google Applications:
- Offer iPad and Google training series.
- Offer a Summer Google training open to any staff member.
- Add email access for all 8th - 12th grade students and students involved in our 1:1 programs.
- Allow access to Google Hangouts for Wenatchee High School students enabling them real-time access to students and staff.
- Add the option of Microsoft Office 365 for our Career Technical Education department and selected staff as an additional resource.
- Provide access to new reading curriculum “Wonders” digitally.
- Provide access to new 6-12 mathematics curriculum “Big Ideas” digitally.
- Continually update Learning Management Systems and Training.
- Update Moodle to current version with mobile access.
- Integrate Google Classroom.
- Incorporate Apple Classroom Management for iPad classrooms.
- Offer on demand training for our LMS solutions.
- Purchase hardware for WSHS and other sites to support new digital components of curriculum for fall 2017
- Implement Discovery Ed Curriculum Digitally for WSHS
- Implement digital edition of new secondary science curriculum
- Update and upgrade portals and incorporate single sign on to assist with blended access
- Implement digital component of new K-5 Math Curriculum
- Annual training of online high school staff for Wenatchee Internet Academy.
- District workshop training on blended learning options (Google, Edmodo, Moodle).
- Number of High School courses available online.
- Number of courses available in a blended environment.
- Number of curriculum content areas available in full digital format.
What action steps or strategies need to be explored or developed to reach benchmarks?
- Hire Instructional Technology Facilitator for high schools.
- Model and promote our standard blended learning tools/software with all instructional coaches and leaders
What obstacles or barriers need to be addressed?
- Workload of current staff for support and training.
- Budget constraints without additional levy funding.
- Staff mindset regarding the use of technology in the classroom.
- Dedicated time for training.
Who needs to be involved in the planning discussion and action steps for this objective?
- Technology Planning Committee.
- Instructional Technology.
- Operational Technology.
- Learning and Teaching.
- Career and Technical Education.
- Principals and Leadership Team.