The Office of Community Standards | Bridgewater State University
Bridgewater State University is a community that prides itself on academic excellence and service to the local and global community. Membership in the Bridgewater State University community is a privilege for those who are invited to join. Becoming a student at BSU brings a responsibility to adhere to the values of the university community. Some of these core values include:
· Maximizing teaching and learning relationships.
· Promoting personal and professional growth.
· Fostering the university’s responsibility to the public.
· Increasing diversity and global awareness.
· Serving as an agent of social justice.
Students and student organizations, teams and groups who breach the trust and values of the community shall be held accountable for their actions. The Student Code defines the rights and responsibilities of students and provides a process for responding to allegations of student misconduct in a way that accords with the values of the university.
Updated 8/2017 by Peter Wiernicki, Office of Community Standards