Read the following article - marine (ocean) food web - and then create a marine food web of your own (on a separate sheet of paper) that contains the following organisms and factors: (use the links I provided to read-up)
- Sunlight and water, phytoplankton / algae, zooplankton (shrimp, copepods), small forage fish, larger fish (tuna and salmon), sea lions, and sharks. Also add in bacteria, dungeness crabs and hagfish.
- Be sure that your arrows are pointing in the right directions.
- Label each organism by its name and trophic type (primary producer, herbivore, omnivore, carnivore / scavenger, and decomposer).
- Draw on the back an energy pyramid where you place each organism from the diagram into the correct trophic level. Label each trophic level correctly.
- Write a paragraph on the back that explains what the “ultimate” source of energy is for the sharks and how it makes its way up to them.