Prototype Six: RainCloud
- 6.096 cm (2.40 in) of 1.905 cm (0.750 in) diameter acetal
- 2.560 cm (1.008 in) Vernay Umbrella Valve (VA 6086)
- Empty 2-liter plastic pop bottle
- Engine Lathe
- Boring Bar
- 1.905 cm (.750 in) 5C Collet
- Grooving Tool
- Turning Tool
- Number Four drill bit
- Cut 1.905 cm (0.750 in) diameter acetal bar to 6.35 cm (2.5 in) length with band saw.
- Using engine lathe profile outside diameter from 70° angled end, approximately 75% of overall length.
- Drill on 70° angled end 1.778 cm (0.70 in) deep hole with diameter of 0.531 cm (.209 in).
- Using boring bar, create inside diameter snap groove of 0.381 cm (0.15 in) with diameter of 0.66 cm (0.26 in).
- With engine lathe, plunge and turn outside diameter o-ring groove 0.411 cm (0.162 in) wide.
- Remove head and turn body around, 70° angle end being held by collet.
- Profile 40° end to final diameter and overall length.
- Slide Buna-N O-ring up 70° acetal head until locked in machined groove.
- Snap vernay umbrella valve into drilled hole with snap groove.
- Insert assembled acetal head with 70° angle into neck of liter bottle with water and folded vernay umbrella valve. Make sure valve is unfolded before use.