Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
11.09.15 at 4:30 pm – 25 N. Beech
BOD Approved on 11.16.15
- Call to Order: Nate called the meeting to order at 4:36 pm.
- Roll Call:
- E/M S BOD: Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Nate Seeley, Treasurer; Chad Fish, Member; JenniLynn Lawrence, Member
- Absent: Julie Suckla, President; Kathy Stemmler, Member
- Administration: Josh Warinner, ED; Alexia Hudson, CHD; Susan Likes, FD
- Staff: Caitlin Munroe, John Whitehead, Cassy Whitehead, Mary Jo Standard, Krista Angell, Lea Gibbens, Lindsay Wilwol, Brooke Snyder, Sherry Grazda
- Rob Lee, consultant
- Open Discussion
- Nate reminded the Executive Director and Staff of the non-negotiable compliance with having 3 adults present at drop off and pick up at all times!
- Staff commented on the opportunity they had to meet with Rob Lee, which was very favorable.
- Rob discussed the uniqueness of Montessori teachers and implied that it was not an easy job. He reminded us that having a little bit of struggle is a good thing, not a bad thing.
- Executive Session
- At 5:18 pm Nate moved to enter into Executive Session for the sole purpose of discussing personnel matters as authorized by Colorado Revised Statues 24-6-402(4)(f). Nate stipulated that the E/M S BOD and Rob Lee be present. Motion seconded, approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Executive Session was recorded on Tamia Hurst’s I-Phone. Those in attendance: Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Nate Seeley, Treasurer; Chad Fish, Member; JenniLynn Lawrence, Member; Rob Lee.
- At 7:05 pm Nate moved to exit out of Executive Session. Motion seconded, approved unanimously. Motioned carried.
- New Business
- Action Item – Tamia will contact Josh regarding his role as Executive Director and the line of communication.
- Action Item – Tamia will create an agenda, draft an email for our Kiva Community, and update the website to include the upcoming meeting (see Calendar below).
- Special BOD Meeting: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 5:30 to 7 pm at Beech Street
- Rob Lee will present his preliminary plan for the transition of our school
- Board Retreat, November 13th and 14th
- Adjournment: Chad moved to adjourn the meeting, seconded, unanimously approved. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:35 pm.
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary