Assistive Technology and Accessibility Resources ->live doc: http://goo.gl/LskLPm
Technology can help special education students in the following ways
- Keep students organized
- Allows students to access curriculum while avoiding their triggers
- Students can access additional tools and resources to enhance their learning and address their individual needs.
- There are Apps available to assist students with physical disabilities
Google Classroom http://goo.gl/9tKMrY
- Paperless assignment tool
- Allows teachers and students to collaborate in real time.
- Keeps students on track and organized.
- Co-teacher/special Ed/resource teachers can access student work and connect with students
- Reminders - desktop and mobile app
Chromebooks - accessibility features https://goo.gl/2xUvOC
Google Apps Accessibility (https://support.google.com/a/answer/1631886 )
- speech to text (built in to Docs and other apps), magnification, Google Hangouts interpreter and signer
- YouTube closed captioning
Add-ons and Apps:
Microsoft Accessibility Resources: https://www.microsoft.com/enable/default.aspx
David Andrade, MS Ed. https://goo.gl/WXKroZ | K-12 Education Strategist, CDW-G | firstname.lastname@example.org