BCSFYAO eJam Rules & Regulations
- An “E” player shall be boys and girls in the 3rd grade or below
- Players not listed on the Jamboree roster will not be allowed to play
- A liability waiver form must be signed by the parent or legal guardian of each player and submitted to the Jamboree committee before the player will be allowed to play.
- A player may only be on one roster
- Games will be 15 minute halves, running time (stop clock on time outs and at the referee’s discretion), with a 5 minute break between halves.
- The clock will stop for substitutions at the 5 minute mark of each half
- One time out per half per team are of 1 minute in duration (no carryovers).
- All players are encouraged to play an equal amount during each game
- Scores for Kindergarten/1st Grade division will NOT be displayed
- Scores for 2nd and 3rd graders will be displayed.
- At halftime, every player will shoot ONE free throw. The points will be added to the scores before the 2nd half begins
- Kindergarten/1st graders will shoot in front of the basket
- 2nd graders will shoot at the base of the free throw circle
- 3rd graders will start at the free throw line, but can cross the line when shooting
- Mercy Rule – limited to a 20 point spread for 3rd grade. 15 point spread for 2nd grade. Winning team can continue to score, but no points will be added to the scoreboard until under 20 (15) point deficit is reached. At the beginning of the mercy rule, teams will have to play a zone defense inside the 3 point arc.
- All games will be played by the current Official National High School boys basketball rules & regulations, except where otherwise noted.
- Basketball size – 2nd and 3rd Graders will use Official Women’s size ball (28.5”) and Kindergarten/1st Graders will use 27.5”
- Any team not ready to play within 10 minutes of the scheduled time will forfeit its game
- No free throws will be awarded for a foul. The ball will be taken out of bounds for all fouls.
- No back court pressure defense will be allowed
- Teams are expected to exhibit fair play, sportsmanship and proper behavior both on and off the court
- Kindergarten/1st Grade (co-ed) and 2nd Grade girls divisions will be played on lower rims (8.5’-9’)
- The Buddhist Church of San Francisco Youth Athletic Organization (BCSFYAO) and/or the San Francsico Unified School District shall not be responsible for any injuries to players, coaches, and/or spectators, or the loss of player’s, coach’s and/or spectator’s properties
- The medical expense of a player injured during this Jamboree will be the responsibility of the team they represent. The BCSFYAO expect each parent or team to have adequate medical insurance.
The Jamboree committee shall be empowered to take any action necessary to safeguard the participants and guests of the Jamboree. All decisions and actions by the jamboree committee shall be final.