Position: Middle School Spanish--Full Time
Reports to: Middle School Principal
We are searching for a full time, MS Spanish teacher. At the middle school level, we offer Spanish 1 and 2.. This teaching assignment could include any of these courses depending on experience and qualifications.
SkyView Academy is committed to preparing students to be lifelong learners and honorable leaders of tomorrow.
SkyView Academy offers a research-based, content-rich liberal arts program with a commitment to foreign language studies and community service. Staff, parents and students are actively involved in a culture of expectation and support where individuals are respected, valued and known by the content of their character.
Desired Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge and experience that supports teaching students Spanish. While a degree in Education and/or Spanish is preferable, we welcome applicants who possess the knowledge and skills to facilitate a rigorous curriculum and provide needed support in these courses.
- Meet Highly Qualified criteria for the state of Colorado
- Proficient in technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience implementing Classical teaching methods;
- Passion for working in a whole-school culture that provides appropriate structure for grades preschool-12;
- Commitment to providing high expectations and high levels of support for all students;
- Belief that the most effective way to promote student achievement is not through coercion but by building meaningful relationships;
- Precise, persuasive, and effective interpersonal communication and writing skills;
- Entrepreneurial attitude with solid decision-making skills;
- Accountable for their own actions and decisions as well as comfortable holding others accountable for theirs;
- Dedicated to being a respectable leader and role model at the school and within the community
- Successful candidates will be exceptional leaders, communicators, and enthusiastic about the SVA charter school model which empowers staff and families, values Core Knowledge, Classical curriculum, foreign language, character education, and service to the community.
SVA Middle School Teachers Will:
- Have a deep passion for learning and the subject matter being taught.
- Support implementation of the SVA vision & mission, helping set the tone and culture.
- Engage students in meaningful Socratic dialog on a consistent basis.
- Differentiate instruction to address various learning styles.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management and discipline.
- Communicate proactively with students, staff, and parents.
- Attend Capturing Kids Hearts, a 3-day training, during the summer, if hired.
- Develop curriculum with assistance from the Middle School Principal and/or Middle School faculty.
- Understand that student learning is the measure of successful teaching.
- Embrace feedback from administration in a continuous improvement modality.
- Implement the SVA standards-based grading policy.
- Build appropriate professional relationships with students.
- Collaborate with other SVA staff in all aspects of the school.
- Supervise lunch, detention, and after-school duties as needed in cooperation with other High School faculty.
- Be involved in the life of the school – Clubs, Sports, Community Service, and/or Character Program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Middle School Principal.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com
Mail documents to: 6161 Business Center Dr., Highlands Ranch, CO 80130
To learn more, visit our website: http://skyviewacademy.org/
SkyView Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, gender, religious, or sexual orientation.