AHR! / ASR!
Taft / Walczak
One of the major goals of the American Studies course is for students to develop essential habits and attitudes in and out of class to lead to success in any class no and in the future. In other words, we (Doc and Taft) want to help you create a successful PROCESS or being a student at USM (or anywhere else).
- I come to class on time with all required materials.
- I contribute to class in a positive and constructive manner.
- I am an active and productive participant in class discussions and activities.
- I ask compelling questions for deeper understanding and enrichment.
- I spend in-class independent and group time successfully and productively.
- I consistently follow classroom principles and rules.
- I consistently have an organized notebook with detailed notes.
- I make changes and additions to notes and assignments to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- I utilize learning targets and read instructions to ensure success in class.
- I utilize technology as a beneficial tool for success and enrichment in class.
- I seek extra help for clarification when I need it.
- I exemplify the tenets of the Common Trust in my in-class academic activity.
- I exhibit exemplary effort in class.
OUT OF CLASS
- I complete all assignments on time with attention to accuracy and detail.
- I utilize class and home assignments as learning tools.
- I seek enrichment opportunities outside of class.
- I develop and ask questions for deeper understanding.
- I self-assess using guidelines and rubrics.
- I utilize technology as a beneficial tool for success and enrichment outside of class.
- I consistently demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- I consistently demonstrate a strong and consistent work ethic.
- I connect curriculum to the world around me and discuss those connections.
- I am proactive in making up missed classwork and assignments.
- I progressively prepare for tests and quizzes.
- I reflect on my own work and effort.
- I exemplify the tenets of the Common Trust in my out-of-class academic activity.
- I consistently put forth exemplary effort outside of class.