Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cake
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter
unsweetened cocoa for dusting
confectioner's sugar for dusting
* If you're making this gluten-free, make sure your chocolate chips and baking powder don't have gluten in them.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-in. spring pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Start with 1 minute on high power. Stir and continue to microwave in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until the chips are fully melted and creamy.
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas and eggs until smooth. Add the sugar and baking powder and pulse. Pour in the chocolate and blend until completely mixed.
- Pour the batter into the spring pan. Stir in the peanut butter. (I tried to drip a thin layer of peanut butter on top, but it was too gloppy, so I ended up just stirring the peanut butter evenly into the cake at this point.)
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.
Find the original recipe at The Daily Dietribe.