Chili Cheddar Penne
From Don’t Judge Me for My Sweet Tooth
- 2 ⅔ cups uncooked penne pasta
- ⅔ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- ½ green pepper, diced very small
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 roma or 1 regular tomatoes, diced
- ½-¾ tablespoon taco seasoning
- Sliced avocado, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding corn approximately 4 minutes before done.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute green pepper until crisp-tender in butter. Set aside.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in cheese, tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; stir into cheese sauce. Garnish with avocado if desired.
Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
179 per ½ cup.
Source (for original): Taste of Home