Benjamin S. Seab
Further contact information available upon request.
I focus my time and energy on being very good at two things:
1. With having a strong engineering background, I am able to go deep technically, but also communicate and apply it to other aspects of the business. This is critical in running technical projects effectively across multiple teams toward one single goal such as sales, operations, marketing, legal, and finance.
2. By being not only bilingual, but also bicultural I understand both languages and cultures deeply. This is especially critical for facilitating business between Japan and the United States. I am very effective and have a lot of experience in running bilingual meetings focused on business and technical topics. I receive feedback often that I am able to connect and facilitate discussions in a way they have never seen before between a Japanese and English speaking group.
I look for challenging positions where I can apply the above to help teams and companies succeed.
B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Cum Laude, 5/2005
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA, USA
Google Japan G.K., Tokyo, Japan
Oct 2017 - Present - Android Enterprise, Business Development Manager
- Business development for the Android Enterprise team for Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea, and Hong Kong.
- Activate ecosystem partners to utilize and be successful with Android Enterprise. Ecosystem partners include telecommunications carriers, smartphone device manufactures (OEM), enterprise mobility management software companies (EMM), and device resellers.
- Manage all aspects of the business localizing and adapting our technology, partner programs, and support to cater to the needs of local markets. Key tasks include:
- Build country level strategy and execution.
- Partner program execution.
- Manage partners through meeting sales, technical, and marketing requirements.
- Contract negotiations.
- Liaison between technical and support teams and our partners.
- Produced one of the top performing countries globally for top level team goal: device activations.
- ~10x increase in active partners within the first 2 years of taking over the region.
- Led teams to achieve best NPS uplift and satisfaction scores globally for partner training and enablement while quadrupling the number of people trained (2022 YoY).
Google Cloud Japan Inc, Tokyo, Japan
February 2015 - Oct 2017 - Google Cloud, Partner Sales Manager
- Partner management in the Google Cloud organization. In charge of revenue for cloud services resale in the Japan enterprise market.
- Managed our premium tier partners to resell Google Cloud Platform, Google Workspace, Chromebox for Meetings, and Chromebooks.
- Key tasks included managing:
- Partner programs to achieve marketing and revenue goals.
- Contracting and launching new programs and services.
- Grew revenue at a major telecommunications partner by 2.5X into a multi-million dollar annual run rate and produced the fastest growing partner in Japan for that year.
- Secured $1M commitment from partner to become an alpha tester partner (global first wave) to launch a new network product offering in Japan.
Intel Japan K.K., Tokyo, Japan
March 2011 - February 2015 - Smartphone Team Lead
- Managed a team to execute technical influence, consultation, design, debug activities for Smartphones
- Led technical meetings with teams worldwide to support customer’s smartphone design and development.
- Specialist and technical consultant within company on mobile solutions (SoC, Modem), unique market and network requirements for Japan operators, and tier 1 customer needs/status
- Account ownership to engineering organizations at Intel’s tier 1 customer accounts
Intel Japan K.K., Tokyo, Japan
March 2007 - 2011 - Senior Field Applications Engineer
- Main technical contact for all Notebook designs at major Japanese OEM
- Supported all designs based on Google’s Android OS
- Lead engineering meetings as technical liaison for design/debug
- Firmware source debug in C, Assembly, and JTAG debugging
- Technical design support for Ultra Mobile computers for all Japan accounts including 7 major Japanese OEMs
Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, California, USA
Jan 2005 - 2007 - Validation Software Engineer
- Programmed debug tools to automate validation tests
- Execution flow tracker in C#
- Error injection tool in VB.NET
- Worked on validating error detection and recovery on Itanium servers (RAS). This involved debug of the following components:
- Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003, Linux RedHat) with the use of kernel and application debuggers
- CPU architecture, cache, firmware
- Logical Analyzer for bus traces
- Full ownership of validation activities on processor lockstep, OS recoverable bit errors, CPU hot plug, and system management.
- Maintained and supported software tools for external customers
- Documenting validation strategies and test plans for future technologies
National Instruments Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Summer 2004 - FSE Internship
- Created an internal training kit for new hires to the company to learn the test software tool LabView
- Put together a competitive analysis on NI products and rival companies
- Google Cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- PC and smartphone hardware architecture and design
- Windows OS, smartphone OS solutions (Android)
- Engineering background with programming experience (C, C++, C#, VB.NET)
- CPU architecture, and OS architecture (Windows, Linux)
- Native English speaker and fluent Japanese