Benjamin S. Seab
Further contact information available upon request.
I excel in two areas.
One is having a strong engineering background being able to go deep technically, but also being able to communicate and apply it to other aspects of the business. This is critical in running technical projects effectively across multiple teams such as sales, operations, marketing, legal, and finance.
Second is being not only bilingual, but also bicultural. Knowing both cultures is almost just as important as knowing both languages. This is especially true for Japan and the United States. I am very effective and have a lot of experience in running bilingual meetings especially focused on technical topics. I receive feedback often that I am able to connect and facilitate discussions in a way they have never seen before between a Japanese and English speaking group.
I look for challenging positions where I can apply the above to help teams and companies succeed.
B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Cum Laude, 5/2005
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
Google Japan G.K., Tokyo, Japan
Oct 2017 - Present - Android Enterprise, Business Development Manager
- Business development for the Android Enterprise team for Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea, and Hong Kong.
- Enable ecosystem partners to provide Android based solutions to enterprise customers. Ecosystem partners include carriers, device manufactures (OEM), enterprise mobility management companies (EMM), and device resellers.
- Manage all aspects of the business localizing and adapting our offering, partner programs, and support to cater the Japan market.
- Key tasks include:
- Country level strategy and execution
- Partner program execution - meeting sales, technical, and marketing requirements
- Contracting and launching new services and programs
- Enablement including training and certification programs
- Technical escalation management
Google Cloud Japan Inc, Tokyo, Japan
February 2015 - Oct 2017 - Google Cloud, Partner Sales Manager
- Partner management in the Google Cloud organization. In charge of revenue for cloud services resale in the Japan enterprise market.
- Managed our premium tier partners to resell Google Cloud Platform, Google Workspace, Chromebox for Meetings, and Chromebooks.
- Key tasks included managing:
- Partner programs to achieve marketing and revenue goals.
- Contracting and launching new programs and services
Intel Japan K.K., Tokyo, Japan
March 2011 - February 2015 - Smartphone Team Lead
- Managed a team to execute technical influence, consultation, design, debug activities for Smartphones
- Lead technical meetings with teams worldwide to support customer design and development activities
- Specialist and technical consultant within company on mobile solutions (SoC, Modem), unique market and network requirements for Japan operators, and tier 1 customer needs/status
- Account ownership to engineering organizations at Intel’s tier 1 customer accounts
Intel Japan K.K., Tokyo, Japan
March 2007 - 2011 - Senior Field Applications Engineer
- Main technical contact for all Notebook designs at major Japanese OEM
- Supported all designs based on Google’s Android OS
- Lead engineering meetings as technical liaison for design/debug
- Firmware source debug in C, Assembly, and JTAG debugging
- Technical design support for Ultra Mobile computers for all Japan accounts including 7 major Japanese OEMs
Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, California, USA
Jan 2005 - 2007 - Validation Software Engineer
- Programmed debug tools to automate validation tests
- Execution flow tracker in C#
- Error injection tool in VB.NET
- Worked on validating error detection and recovery on Itanium servers (RAS). This involved debug of the following components:
- Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003, Linux RedHat) with the use of kernel and application debuggers
- CPU architecture, cache, firmware
- Logical Analyzer for bus traces
- Full ownership of validation activities on processor lockstep, OS recoverable bit errors, CPU hot plug, and system management.
- Maintained and supported software tools for external customers
- Documenting validation strategies and test plans for future technologies
National Instruments Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Summer 2004 - FSE Internship
- Created an internal training kit for new hires to the company to learn the test software tool LabView
- Put together a competitive analysis on NI products and rival companies
CPU, PC, Smartphone architecture and design
Windows OS, Smartphone OS solutions (Android, Tizen)
Engineering background with programming experience (C, C++, C#, VB.NET)
CPU architecture and OS architecture (Windows, Linux)
Native English speaker and fluent Japanese
Senior Project - Car Engine Information Display - Spring-Fall 2004
Developed embedded system to communicate with Engine Control Unit (ECU)
Programmed a software to display and handle data in C#
Implemented multi-threading algorithm to optimize data communication speed