Fox C-6 Timeline of State Audit
- August 12, 2014: Fox C-6 Board of Education unanimously approves request for a Missouri State Audit to be conducted of the District.
- August 14, 2014: The State Auditor’s Office (SAO) agrees to conduct an audit of the Fox C-6 School District encompassing the two previous fiscal years that ended June 30, 2014.
- August 2014: SAO begins conducting their independent audit with the full support of District employees.
- May 25, 2016: State Auditor Nicole Galloway holds a press conference for media in the Auditor’s St. Louis office to announce the Audit results. The State Auditor has completed the audit and it is available for public view and download here, or by scrolling down.
- May 25, 2016: Current Fox C-6 School District superintendent Jim Wipke informs stakeholders that the audit is available to the public. Audit information and updates posted to the Fox C-6 District website.
- June 2, 2016: Jefferson County Prosecuting Attorney Forrest Wegge announces that his office has received a copy of the audit results and agrees to request a criminal investigation by local authorities to determine a decision regarding criminal charges. To view a letter from the Jefferson County Prosecuting Attorney regarding the State Audit, please click here.
- July 14, 2016: Jefferson County Prosecuting Attorney Forrest Wegge announces in a press release that the investigation has been referred to the United States Attorney’s Office for further investigation. To view the most recent announcement from Prosecuting Attorney Forrest Wegge, please click here.