NATIONAL TOURING COMPANY | Performing Anywhere, Anytime
Provide a wide variety of clients consistently funny, polished performances, workshops and more while representing some of the best improv talent at ImprovBoston.
WHAT The National Touring Company IS
The ImprovBoston National Touring Company performs all over New England and occasionally beyond. Members of the Touring Company are masters of improv: shortform, allform, musical improv and targeted shows (anti-bullying, education, custom sketch, etc). We work with corporate clients, colleges, private clients and schools, delivering a pitch perfect experience in every setting.
Cast members should have a flexible schedule of daytime and/or evening flexibility. Many National Touring Company members have full time day jobs, while others make their living from a combination of National Touring Company and teaching in the ImprovBoston Comedy School. You do not need to be a faculty member to audition. You do not need to be a resident cast member to audition. Travel is optional and all gigs are cast according to who is available for them. You may be on National Touring Company in addition to another resident cast.
- Make National Touring Company your IB priority
- Dedicate yourself fully to the ensemble, rehearsal process and director
- Push yourself artistically and professionally
- Perform audience-centered shows playing to the top of your intelligence, heart and comedic abilities
- Explore and master constantly evolving show formats including:
- Standard shortform outgig (college show, private function, etc)
- Corporate improv shows & workshops (team building, creativity training, etc)
- Custom shows (targeted games, scripted material, unique client needs)
- School and family friendly shortform shows
- Basic school and family improv workshops, including Anti-bullying and shows/workshops with curricular tie-ins
- Provide a professional, accommodating, pitch-perfect client experience
- Maintain ample availability for shows and workshops reflecting the schedule you presented upon casting
- Competitive compensation for performances and workshops
- Booking, promotions and logistics support through IB including a dedicated Director of Sales
- An experienced director dedicated to the professional development of the cast
- A professional music director for most performances
- Free or discounted enrollment in select comedy school classes, masterclasses and electives
- Creative and career development opportunities (optional and/or required)
- A stipend for new cast members to build a show wardrobe
- Invitations to submit availability for festivals as part of ImprovBoston’s official cast with the theater covering festival submission/performer fees
- Online recognition through headshots, bios and links you provide.
- Weekly free rehearsal space and discounted soda, water, snacks