Covenant Bay Bible Camp
Program Coordinator - Job Description
October 27, 2017
Day Camp, Summer Camp, Leadership Investment Program, Adventure Camp Coordinator
Responsible to: Director
The Program Coordinators will meet weekly with the Director for mentoring, accountability and encouragement. The Directors will check in daily with the Program Coordinator for troubleshooting, assistance and accountability.
The Program Coordinator will execute the program including planning, organizing, leading, and supervising program activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Organizing
- Plan the delivery of the program activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization. This includes research of curriculum and activities.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop Schedules and Activity plans.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop and/or update forms and records to document program activities
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of records of campers for statistical and program purposes
- Register and welcome campers and parents and ensure all required information has been submitted to the registrar.
- Communicate relevant information to parents, campers and staff prior to the day beginning.
Leading and Supervising
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Ensure Schedule is followed, updated and adjusted as required.
- Implement the policies, procedures and practices of CBBC
- Delegate preparation and leading responsibilities related to activities
- Equip staff to lead and prepare activities
- Ensure that the activities operate within the approved budget
- Monitor the Program on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Program Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- completion or working towards a degree in a related subject
- Knowledge of program management and camping ministry
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- Minimum 1-year experience in a related field
- First Aid and CPR Training
- The Program Coordinator will be on site for all relevant programming.
- Room and Board will be provided during the program.
The Program Coordinator will receive 4 days of staff training which will include, facility orientation, policy and procedure training, camper check-in and registration, team building activities, review compensation and highlight workplace health and safety practices as outlined in the brochure and as it specifically relates to the role of Program Coordinator.