Coronado Baptist Church
Job Title: Associate Pastor of Congregational Care
Department: Congregational Care and Counseling
Superivsed: Senior Pastor and elders
Compensation: Full-time salaried, elder discretion
This is a full-time position responsible for oversight of the congregational care and counseling ministries.
- The heart of a shepherd - must have a heart of compassion for people who are hurting.
- Able to help the congregation to identify and minister their spiritual gifts.
- A continuously growing Christian who is committed to disciple-making (i.e. – personal evangelism,
discipleship, and multiplication).
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in congregational care.
- Training (or certification) in biblically based counseling.
- A Seminary degree is preferred but not required.
- Spanish language skills are preferred but not required.
Specific Duties Assigned:
- Leads the congregational care ministry of the church which includes, but is not limited to: hospital
visitation, funerals, weddings, marriage care ministry, single parenting support, ministry to widows
and other senior adults in association with the deacons, etc.
- Primary source of biblically based counseling for the church.
- Oversees Celebrate Recovery and all similar ministries in the church.
- Must be willing (but not expecting) to preach as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Oversees the disciple-making ministries of the church.
- Responsible for managing congregational care and counseling expenses within the established
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Hours and Benefits:
- Will work at least 40 hours per week or more depending on need.
- Specific days will be flexible, although this person will participate in the weekly general staff
- Salary will be paid bi-monthly.
- Vacation and continuing professional education/seminar time and expense will be similar to
- Benefits include medical, disability and retirement in an amount as determined by the elders.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to motivate others to accomplish their responsibilities.
- An effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
- An effective team player and member of church staff.