Technology is provided to students for the advancement and promotion of learning and teaching. Expectations of use are as follows:
- I will follow the policies of Iowa City Community Schools and abide by all local, state, and federal laws when using the device at school, at home, or at any other location.
- I will keep the device in my possession at all times or secure it in a safe place when not in use.
- I will place my device in its protective case when it is not in use or any time when it is being transported between rooms.
- I will treat the device with care at all times by carrying it appropriately, keeping food and drink at a distance, and avoiding extreme temperatures.
- I will only clean my device using the cleaning methods approved by the school district.
- I will report damage to the device immediately to a teacher, administrator, or district technology staff member.
- I will not attempt to repair the device on my own nor pay someone else to repair the device for me.
- I will keep all accounts and passwords secure, and will not share my password with other students.
- I will charge the battery on my device every night.
- I will bring the device to school every day. If I do not have my device, I may be required to make up work outside of the school day.
- I will return the device when requested or if I withdraw from the district at any time.
Parents and families play a critical role in the success of the ICCSD 1:1 Initiative. Expectations of parental/guardian support are as follows:
- I/We understand that a device is being provided to the student for the primary purpose of advancing and promoting learning and teaching.
- I/We will supervise the student’s use of the device at home and set clear expectations for the use of technology outside of school.
- I/We will only attempt to clean the device using methods approved by the school district.
- I/We will immediately report any damage to or loss of the device to school district staff.
- I/We will not attempt to repair the device nor pay someone else to repair the device on our behalf.
- I/We will provide a space in the home to charge the device battery every night.
- I/We will encourage that the device is brought to school each day. I/We understand that failing to do so may place the student at an educational disadvantage, and that I/We may be called to bring the device to school if the problem persists.
- I/We agree to return the device when requested or when my/our child withdraws from the district.