If we give a man a fish, we teach him to give us chips; if we teach a man to charge people for fish, we teach him to charge us for chips and to compete with us at the fish market.
We trust in the pursuit of payment in our pursuit of goods and services even though it is a more efficient system to trust in love (receiving and giving without the morass of competing for payment). A conditional economy (pay or be without) can cause us to compete for payment instead of do unconditional love. Even pursuing payment to give to our families and favorites takes means from others and might cause others to abandon the love system to pursue payment.
The following are some additional reasons for us to abandon serving the pursuit of payment to serve unconditional love:
- production and service would be void of ulterior motive, favoritism, anxiety and shame,
- allows the conscientious to partake and to contribute with a clear conscience,
- no need for money, taxes or insurance,
- more freedom because (1) pursuing, processing and protecting money would not be needed, (2) former profiteers, money processors and money protectors could either help with production and service or take a break and (3) no need to sell our future for credit,
- less risk with existing and new enterprises,
- no squabbles over money,
- fewer shortages, interferences, injuries and deaths from unnecessary activity,
- less annoyance from beggars,
- less annoyance, manipulation, preaching, embellishment and temptation from advertisers,
- no need to purchase representation,
- more progress through sharing our knowledge and talents,
- less fear of thieves and of losing our wealth and
- no need to accumulate and hoard money for family, disasters or retirement.
Imagine we agree to abolish money and offer our goods and services for free, would you
- contribute with your present job,
- contribute with a different job,
- contribute with a new enterprise or
- not contribute?
Instead of perpetuating a conditional economy that makes losers, let us put our faith in unconditional love and make utopia.
Links to Utopia