One Classy Dish Recipe
CHICKEN SOULVAKI KABOBS
1. Cut chicken into large 1" chunks or strips.
2. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, yogurt, vinegar, onion, garlic, oregano, thyme, coriander, salt, & pepper in a bowl & whisk together.
3. Place chicken in a gallon size ZipLock bag & pour marinade over the chicken. Zip bag tightly & coat chicken evenly. Place in the fridge & marinate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
4. When chicken is ready to cook, thread onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, allow skewers to soak in water for 10-15 minutes prior to threading.
5. Oil grill grate with olive oil or spray oil then BBQ skewers on a gas or charcoal grill over medium-high heat for 12-15 minutes, turning when you see defined grill marks. When done remove from grill & cover with foil for 3-5 min to allow juices to settle.
For whole30 or paleo remove the Greek yogurtThis recipe can be modified to your taste. For a more traditional recipe remove the Greek Yogurt, I add it to keep the white meat more tender when cooking on the BBQ but it's not as traditional as the olive oil & lemon.