Miami University eSports Club – CSGO Competitive Rules
- Players and teams should familiarize themselves with the rules before playing their matches.
- The most current update to CS:GO will be used.
- Games will be played using the standard 5v5 competitive ruleset.
- Teams will have the Miami University eSports Club TeamSpeak available for their use during the event. (server address: teamspeak.redhawkesports.com). If you choose to use the TeamSpeak, please use the subchannels designated for teams under the CS:GO channel.
- Teams will have 30 minutes to show up for their match. If all members of a team are present and the other team does not have a full roster of five and have not contacted an admin about their exceptional extenuating circumstances, they will receive a 0-1 map loss for the series. If this continues for an additional 15 minutes, they will receive a match loss.
- In the case of a player disconnect or a technical issue, the team with the problem should call for a pause in the match. If a player disconnects during a live round, the round will be played out and the match should be paused during the next freeze time. In the case of a complete server crash, the match will be replayed.
- After each map is completed please take a screenshot of the scoreboard including the round score and all players in the match, in the case of a dispute. Please submit the match result, map scores, and screenshots to the CS:GO tournament admin.
- Any player(s) who are caught cheating will be immediately removed from the tournament, as well as any prizes that they may have earned will be revoked. If a player is caught cheating during a match, the opposing team will receive a forfeit win.
- The rules are subject to change and modifications as needed. In any conflict or issue, contact an admin.
- Free agents will be assigned to a team at the start of the event.
- Tournament format will depend on the number of teams competing.
- If 2 teams: Bo5.
- If 3 teams: Round Robin Bo3. Tiebreaker: Round Win/Loss Differential
- If 4 teams: Single Elimination Bo3.
- If 5+ teams: Double elimination Bo1.
- The team with the higher seed will ban first. The team that did not select the map will pick what side that they want to start on. In the case of a Best of 1, the team with the higher seed will decide what side of the map they want to start on.
- In a Best of One (Bo1) match, a ban 3 system will be used.
- In a Best of Three (Bo3) match, a ban-1, pick-1, ban-1 system will be used.
- In a Best of Five (Bo5) match, a ban-1, pick-2 system will be used.
- 1:55 round timer and 0:40 bomb timer.
- 15 rounds per halftime, 30 rounds in regulation, $800 starting money.
- Overtime is 3 rounds per halftime, 6 rounds total per overtime, $10,000 starting money.
- The map pool for the tournament will reflect the current 7 active duty map pool, as of April 2017.