AYSL FALL 2017 PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Youth sports play an important role in promoting the physical, social, and emotional development of young people who can recognize choices, think about consequences, and base their actions on that information. Therefore, it is essential for parents, coaches, spectators, and officials to encourage youth athletes to embrace the values of good sportsmanship. Furthermore, parents, coaches, spectators, and officials involved in youth sports events should be models of excellent sportsmanship, and should lead by example by demonstrating fairness, respect, and self-control. Arizona Youth Sports Leagues (AYSL) is committed to establishing an environment that is safe and fosters optimal learning opportunities for all of our players.
AYSL has formulated this Code of Conduct and requires you to commit to being responsible for your words and actions while attending, coaching, and/or participating in AYSL events, and that you confirm your behavior to the following Code of Conduct:
1. I will endeavor to be a positive role model and treat everyone whom I encounter with respect.
2. I will not engage in verbal or physical abuse towards any coach, player, parent, participant, official and/or any other attendee.
3. I will not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety, or well-being of any coach, parent, player, participant, and/or any other attendee.
4. I believe the score of the game comes second to the safety and welfare of the participants.
5. I will not use drugs, alcohol or tobacco products on game or practice fields or within the sight of any participants.
6. I will endeavor to ensure that no parent, spectator or any person associated with my team uses profanity, obscenity or any other offensive language.
7. I will not address an official before, during, or after a game in a demeaning fashion. I believe that officials, just as coaches and players, are attempting to do their best.
8. I acknowledge that my attitude and the way I conduct myself can have a direct influence on all those I encounter.
9. I will not criticize the opposing team, its players, coaches and/or spectators by word of mouth and/or gesture.
10. I will accept all decisions of the game officials on the field as being fair and as being called to the best ability of said officials.
11. I will refrain from using physical and/or verbal abuse and/or profanity at any time on any portion of the AYSL facility, including but not limited to the parking lot and surrounding sidewalks.
12. As a spectator, I will remain outside of the designated sidelines and no less than 20 feet behind the players and coaches.
13. I will not interfere and/or interrupt the coaching staff before, during and/or after game play.
14. I will not express complaints about coaches in the stands and/or to coaches in front of or around the players. (Example: immediately following the game.)
15. I will not criticize players, cheerleaders, coaches, referees and/or other spectators in the presence of others, but reserve constructive criticism for a later time in private.
Any spectator who violates the Code of Conduct risks being permitted to participate and/or attend any AYSL events. The procedure is as follows:
1. Any spectator and/or player that violates the Code of Conduct and/or becomes a nuisance will be asked by AYSL staff to leave the premises, and may be suspended from team activities for the remainder of the day.
2. If the spectator and/or player fails to exit the premises upon request, the player may be suspended from all team activities and/or AYSL events for the remainder of the day.
3. AYSL staff will decide if the duration of the suspension shall be enforced thru to the end of the season, and/or if the child shall be ineligible from game play for the remainder of the season. The decision will be based upon the attitude and behavior of the spectator and/or player.
Anyone who fails to conform to the preceding Code of Conduct while attending, coaching, training, and/or participating in an event sanctioned by AYSL will be subject to disciplinary action, suspension and/or banishment from any and all current and future AYSL events.
Player Name ___________________________________________ Team Name _________________________
Player Signature___________________________________________________ Date________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature___________________________________________ Date________________________