GENERAL, I.E. WE CAN’T FIND A BETTER TITLE, THINGS
- Guild meetings will be posted in the online Guild Calendar. While we understand that real life is a necessity please plan on attending, or check discord/facebook for updates that you may have missed.
- A Guild is what you make of it! We have people who like to talk in gchat, we have folks who like to hang out and talk in Discord. You are welcome in all these places!
- We highly recommend that all members of the Guild join the Discord server. Joining is not optional if you hope to make a raid team. We don’t spend time on this for our enjoyment! Feel free to post at any time a new thread or comment on threads already there.
- We are a large Guild. The last count was 350+ accounts with toons spread out across several ‘Sister” Guilds. This is because Blizzard still has Guild’s capped at 999 players. Which means if everyone had 4 alts we wouldn’t have room. Hence “Sister” Guilds. Help us help you and download “Greenwall”. It’s a very minimal addon, requires no setup, and allows all players in all “Sister” Guilds to communicate. It is not required, but don’t be a wanker and think you’re better than everyone else because you don’t have it.
- We also have a facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/483279125039337/) which we encourage you to “Like”. Major announcements may not always make it there as it tends to be more fun and silly stuff!
- Alts are always welcome in the Guild, as are friends/relations/concubines/BFFWB etc. Let us know who you are so we can pop a note in the Guild roster.
ON DEALING WITH PEOPLE
- Don’t beg! Don’t ask to be power leveled! If a Guild member does something for you, then please repay the favor – paying it forward helps the Guild and you in the long run!
- Guild chat is generally open season when it comes to conversation, although we ask you not to discuss politics or religion. Also, the use of certain words is NOT allowed. Words that are racially charged like nigger, spic and chink are on that list. As well as those that disparage people who are GLBT. So if you say something is gay, i.e. “That LFR was sooo gay,” you had better be able to explain how and why you knew that LFR was romantically interested in an LFR of the same gender. We have people from all walks of life and, whilst it’s ok to poke a bit of fun at them, hate speech is never funny.
- If someone does take offense at something you say, be polite and apologize. Don’t go telling them to lighten up. Be an adult, apologize and choose one of the following options: Change the subject, take your conversation to private whispers, or move into Discord.
- If someone offends you in Guild chat, politely ask them to stop talking on the subject or to switch topics. You being rude to them will only make the situation worse. Act like the adult we know you are!
- Harassment is not tolerated in the Guild. If you feel this is happening to you, or someone you care about, please let an officer know. If you feel you cannot talk to an officer, please talk to the GM. We will get both sides of the story and deal with it in an appropriate fashion. However, we do not tolerate false accusations against people because you don’t like them. Because harassment often comes in the form of linking meters to share how large your epeen is, we respectfully ask that you not do this! Doing so will cause eyebrows to raise and photos to be asked for to back up that statement!
- Whilst a small amount of trade chat (and/or community chats) trolling is okay, please don’t sully the reputation of Shattered Fates by being a shitty person.
- We don’t police Community chats. If you joined one and it’s not to your liking, then leave. We’re not your Mum! The only exception to this if it is a Guild associated chat community, for example a leader chat, a heal chat channel etc. Guild rules apply there, so don’t be a numpty.
- Same thing in your dealing with other people in the game. Be polite. If someone is being a completely unwarranted asshat, you can report them using the in game reporting function. Don’t scam other players and don’t ninja loot (because trust me we hear about it, and there’s limited times we are willing to take your side). However, if they are insulting your personal honor, or the honor of Shattered Fates, we fully expect you to put that little wanker in their place.
ON THE GUILD BANK
- The first tab of the Guild bank is for useful shit that you don’t need. Old school profession mats/gems/enchants, pets, cards, and stuff like that. Do not stuff the Guild bank with grey items. The second tab you will get access to if you’re promoted to what’s essentially the Guild’s Veteran rank. Use what you need. Don’t be a fuckwad and sell stuff on the Auction House. Our Bank Officer is a hawk in disguise and will not be shy about reaming out your ass!
- The other tabs are for mats that the Guild uses to make feasts, enchants, gems, gear and other stuff for Guildies and raiders. Feel free to contribute current expac mats here to help sustain the bills and keep Guild repairs open. There is a specific tab for donations. We like to try and keep our Bank Officer sane. It’s a dangerous line and he’s tightroping it on a daily basis.
- If you donate, let us know! We can’t always see how cool a member you are if there are a lot of withdrawals or deposits at the same time. This can be as simple as a /w to an officer, a shout out in Discord, or an in game mail.
- BOE items in the Guild bank are usually there to either help a raid team or fund the gold repairs for the Guild. If you want a BOE item talk to the Bank Officer. Generally we will give you a good deal over what the AH is offering.
- The last tabs are where all the good stuff is kept. Some of this (last tab, right hand side) is the Guild Master’s personal items, she’s not likely to be that generous in handing these over, so be warned. However, if you need something else from these tabs, you will need to speak with an Officer. They may or may not give you the item depending on your rank in the Guild and your contributions to the Guild. So if you’re a lower rank that doesn’t raid, but contributes a lot to the Guild in the way of gold/mat donations, you’ll be more likely to get an item that say a higher ranked Guild member who doesn’t do anything. So DONATE!!!
- In a raid, it doesn’t matter what team you are on, the Raid Officers and Leaders are your lords and masters. They set the tone for the raid, for Discord, for what is required to stay on that team, and what will get you removed from that team. Complaining about what the Raid Officers and Leaders say to another Officer or the GM will get you nowhere unless they have completely lost their mind and act like a member of the Monster Raving Loony Party (it’s real, look it up!).
- The Raid Officers will handle all the problems that arise in raid: underperforming raiders, strats, loot, etc. Please do not personally disparage them!
- If you have a problem with something going on in raid, ***WHISPER*** it to a Raid Officer or Leader. DO NOT blow up raid chat or Guild chat with that shit. If you do, you will be asked nicely to whisper an Officer in the future, and continual infractions will have you benched or even removed from the raid group for the night. Don’t be an asshat! Same thing with applies to Discord. Don’t say that shit in Discord, we will mute you so then nobody has to hear you. There are appropriate channels of communication provided for you.
- Unless your Raid Officers and Leaders say otherwise, keep Discord quiet during raid. There will be times when joking around and conversation is appropriate. But most of the time, keep your mouth shut. People will be calling stuff out that is waaaaaay more important than your life story.
- We will be posting strats for boss fights to Discord. WATCH THEM!!! We don’t do that shit for our pleasure. It’s so your lazy asses don’t have to go looking for it all yourself. They’re all available in one convenient place, so fucking do it!!!
- If you do not know the fight then why not? While certain aspects of a fight may be laid out in Discord by your Raid Officers and Leaders you should know that that blue stuff is good to stand in and that red shit is not! Read the information that is posted! We are a team, act like a member of one. Yes its homework. You do want a spot on the team, correct?
- If you have idea, FUCKING AWESOME!!! We love ideas, please WHISPER them to a Raid Officer or Leader. If they need more of an explanation, they can drag you to a different channel.
- Know what gear (stat priority/break points) is best for the class and spec you will be playing. Don’t know where to look? Just go look online on all the forums and don’t be lazy. Everyone will be muuuuch happier if you all know what you want.
- DON’T BITCH ABOUT LOOT!!! Yes you’ll lose an item, it happens to us all! If you think bitching about loot and throwing a tantrum and rage quitting the raid group will get you what you want, you’re right. Because it’s obvious you want a one way ticket out of this Guild, cya later.
- BOE items belong first to the raid team if needed for upgrades, and then to the Guild to keep the gold flowing and help fund repairs. Using them to fulfil your own desire to become a multi-gold millionaire will get you a swift boot from the raid team. You may purchase that item for an alt, or for transmog if you want. See the Bank Officer if you wish to do this.
- CAVEAT: Additional rules may apply for your team. Check and make sure you know what they are.
- RECAP: DO NOT be an asshat, use whispers to communicate ideas or problems, keep mumble quiet, watch the strats we post.
LAST BUT NEVER LEAST
- Should you ever have an issue, no matter how small or large, an Officer and the GM want to know! We volunteered for these positions, none of us are paid, but having people to play with who are happy is why we said ‘Yes’ when asked to do this. Some Officers share their contact info in the ginfo, feel free to use it if you need to. Feel free to use in game mail, or ask them to chat in Discord. We’re all really nice people, honest!
- Understand we make mistakes. We are still striving for our Godlike powers and abilities, but until then cut us a little slack if we mess up. Come chat to us, let us know!
- If you want to be help lead always come tell us what you think you can bring to our leadership team! Leaders bring a lot of different perspectives to our Guild, and you can be a raider, or a non-raider, and still lead! So don’t be shy. Bring us ideas, bring us thoughts, come chat, we only bite on Sundays with a full moon!
- And just in case this has to be said – looking anywhere for a new Guild will get you an instant /gkick. We don’t gear up other Guild’s raiders.
Return to top