December/ January Notes:
rebranding as Influx Trust rather than UN Influx.
Important notes to add
- Go to Players> Exclude> Click on players who requested to be added from the past month and move the UN players over to the included. Since there is a bug with moving them to included https://www.rise.global/players/manage/8261/10/0?playing_status=excluded Click on edit for each player and then change status to included. Then save.
- Caution–information does not save. Enter on a separate form then paste into text editors.
- Alyssa writes the recaps but her name should not show.
- The sponsor text editor section isn’t saving now 2/2/17
- If data is changed then Re-release
- List hygiene–check top 20 names
- Volunteer Digital News Blogger’s name should not show on the recap section. Volunteer Digital News Blogger always writes the articles, even if they are forwarded from somebody else.
- Philip Ogola and Figueres should not show in the polls “#7 : C. Figueres: Ms Figueres no longer works for the UN as she no longer head the UNFCCC
- #82: P. Ogola: I am not quite sure about this gentleman (we have excluded him several times already in the past – don’t know how he gets back
- Make sure that sponsor message saves
- Make sure that UN logo is there and influx logo
- Tweets need a 5 minute interval
- Delete the 2 contest images from the sponsor section
- https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#label/Rise/1580b8359a4c8647 Sample newsletter with logos
- It’s okay to use Roxanna’s title just not the UNEP part of it.
- Make sure that poll credits are left every month.
UN Social 500 - Volunteer Role : Rise Board Manager
To engage UN Social 500 participants in creating an active, learning community in the use of digital media
Clerk the monthly Rise success tracking board: check data collection, generate a release and publish results to all participants.
- Email address
- Login to Rise.global/unsocial500
- Ability to manage the Rise board to collect social media data entries on each player, create a monthly release, publish and promote the release to players
- Fluent English language skills
- Pre-existing online community management tool skillset e.g. Meetup.com
- Publish the UN Social 500 Rise board each month
Time requirement (per month) - Between 0.5 and 1.5 hours.
- 0.5 hours - review data collection and generate release
- 0.5 hours - send out email and tweet out to all players
- 0.5 hours - handle any player queries regarding their stats
Screenshots of Volunteer Activities
Each month you’ll need to:
- Check Data Collection has completed and occurred on time
- Check that a draft release for the previous month has been created
- Edit the release article - include references to this month’s community blog posts (social media tip to improve your score and a player interview)
- Add the sponsor message to the email
- Publish the release
- Send out the email
- Announce the release on Twitter to every player
The following screenshots break down these steps in detail:
Firstly, login and navigate to the manager dashboard for the board.
Check the Data Collectors and their logs
Now check that the Data Entries have been collected successfully
The Release Settings panel allows you to configure the automated release generation timings, you won’t usually need to adjust these.
You should have a draft release which you can edit
Edit the release to create a great release article and to change it from Draft to Final status when ready.
Now you are ready to share it. Under the Share menu navigate to Email settings and add the sponsor headline and copy
Now your email is ready to send out. Hit send!
Finally, it’s time to send out the Twitter announcement - letting all your followers know the board has been updated:
And the Tweet notifications letting individual players know their rank / score
All done for another month! Thank you!!
 Full Training will be provided on using Rise
 You should be accustomed to using and managing community programs using online web applications such as Meetup.com, Slack, LinkedIn Groups or similar.