Warm Kale with Beets and Ginger
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 medium oranges, zested and cut into segments
- one 10-ounce bunch kale, trimmed and chopped (about 10 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (garlic scapes work as well)
- 4 beets, steamed and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios or walnuts
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, butter, ginger, garlic and orange zest. Cook, stirring often, until the mixture becomes fragrant and the orange zest begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the kale. Press it down using a small metal lid, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Continue to press down with the lid until the kale wilts.
- Transfer to a large platter and top with the beets, orange segments, and pistachios.
- Serve immediately
Fifty Shades of Kale: 50 Fresh and Satisfying Recipes That Are Bound to Please By Drew Ramsey, M.D., and Jennifer Iserloh