Respiration & Photosynthesis Animation Review
- What is glucose converted to?
- What is the net result of glycolysis?
- Where does glycolysis occur?
- What is pyruvate converted to during the link reaction that is the input for the Krebs Cycle?
- What is added to the input molecule at the beginning of the Krebs Cycle?
- What is the net result of the Krebs Cycle?
- Where does the Krebs Cycle occur?
Electron Transport Chain:
- What are the inputs for the electron transport chain process? Which enters the system first?
- The movement of protons through ATP synthase occurs across what and from which directions (name the actual starting and ending locations).
- What accepts the used electrons?
- What is the net result of the electron transport chain?
Create a visual diagram that shows inputs and outputs for each of the different stages of respiration (Glycolysis, Link Reaction, Krebs Cycle, Electron Transport Chain). If you would like to draw this on paper, do so then take a picture and upload it below.
Light Dependent Reactions: http://goo.gl/A7vCF
- Where does light photons first strike?
- Where do the electrons come from used during this process?
- Where in the chloroplast is a high concentration of Hydrogen ions created?
- What are the net products of the photosynthetic electron transport chain?
Light Independent Reactions:
- Where does the Calvin Cycle (light independent reactions) take place?
- What is necessary for the Calvin Cycle to occur?
- What are the outputs of the Calvin Cycle?
- What is CO2 attached to at the beginning of the Calvin Cycle?
Create a visual diagram that shows inputs and outputs for each of the different stages of photosynthesis (Light Dependent & Independent Reactions).