Sam Luo http://www.samluoart.com • SamanthaLuo3D@gmail.com
University of Massachusetts Amherst - Amherst, MA 2013
B.F.A. with a focus in Animation
Aug 2016 -
Alien Evaders | https://endie.itch.io/alien-evaders
• Designed, prototyped, and executed the art style for characters and environment
• Produced all elements from 2D sprites and animations, to UI and effects
Mar 2016 -
Woosh! You are the Wind
• Worked alongside designer to identify and execute an art style.
• Developed 3D models and high poly sculpts, environment effects, and UI elements.
Mar 2014 -
Game of Clowns | http://grogansoft.com/game-of-clowns/
• Contracted to develop assets that adhered to a strict style and content guide.
• Developed 2D characters, props, and backgrounds based on existing concepts and style material with design lead’s input.
Sept 2011 -
Wires for Empathy | https://wiresforempathy.org/
• Collaborated with artists and animators to develop a CG short film using open source tools.
• Created proxy models based on high resolution models for use by animators.
• Designed, modeled, rigged, and animated characters.
Unity3D, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Mudbox, Zbrush, Blender, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, xNormal, HTML, CSS, Visual Studio Project Management, Trello, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, PHPBB
Modeling (character, props and environment; high and low poly), texturing/UV, character skinning, Agile Methodology, attention to detail, requirements management, Windows and Mac environments
Jan 2018 - Present
Old Navy Seattle, WA
Business and Training Specialist
• Manage and input personnel files and confidential information.
• Prioritize customer experience while balancing other responsibilities.
• Interview applicants for hire and collaborate with management to identify strong candidates.
• Train and onboard new hires for practical and efficient application within our team.
• Provide floor support during the day by providing excellent customer service and expertise in all areas of the store.
May 2013 -
Freelance Art and Animation
• Collaborate with clients to develop an artistic style for graphical elements.
• Worked with customers to develop and meet content goals and deadlines.
• Specialize in stylized and cartoon artwork.
June 2012 -
Aclara Software Wellesley, MA
Web Development Intern
• Collaborated with engineers to improve user experience design for existing products.
• UI compliance and optimization through HTML and CSS
• Created internal development tools for product testing and quality control.