SKCCC Fellow Research Day 2016
Attend fellow research day to learn about the Hopkins Cancer Center’s depth of cancer research. There will be seminars and poster session reporting on their latest findings.
Keynote speaker: Leisha Ann Emens, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Johns Hopkins University.
When: Tuesday, May 24, 11:00 - 5:00 PM
Where: 1st Floor,CRB I,II/Owens Auditorium (campus map)
Questions? Email Postdoc@jhmi.edu
Increase your on-campus visibility
Are you publishing a paper? Let Marketing and Communications know by sending your manuscript, journal, and anticipated publication date to JHMedia@jhmi.edu.
Career Development Toolkit
for Postdoctoral Researchers
The toolkit, aimed at postdoc and hosted by jobs.ac.uk, offers general starting points for reflecting on careers and formulating an ongoing career strategy. Download the career toolkit here.
Postdoc of the Month Awards
The Journal of Postdoctoral Research has Postdoc of the Month awards. More information here.
Great, inexpensive photography
The Department of Pathology, JHMI offers excellent photography services. More information here.
JHPDA Postdoc Blog
Tell Your Stories: Submit a post
Postdoc Business Cards
[Includes instructions for postdocs in the Schools of Medicine and Public Health, and postdocs at Homewood.]
BusyGrad: housing, reviews, buy/sell items
[BusyGrad is not affiliated with Hopkins]
Argonne Postdoc Blog
[not affiliated with Hopkins]
Free networking website that enables researchers to identify and connect with thousands of potential collaborators worldwide.
Complimentary career advice ebooks
The Global Academic Careers Guide
Career Development Toolkit 4 Researchers
Research Publications Planner
Co-authoring - Getting Started
IN BRIEF: Announcing the JHSPH Postdoc Committee
Hello JHSPH postdocs! we are very excited to announce the formation of a new JHSPH Postdoctoral Committee of the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA). We will develop SPH-specific social events, professional development opportunities, and international events, as well as advocate for SPH policy changes that will help you, the 175 postdoctoral fellows at the school.
Please let us know who you are and how we can best meet your needs by filling out the anonymous survey below.
Survey Link: Click Here
We would also like to invite you to participate in our monthly Committee Meetings. We will also work on coordinating events, ideas, updates, and changes in these areas as they relate to public health. Details for our next meeting are below.
When: Friday May 13, 1:30 pm
Where: E6519, School of Public Health
Questions? Email Julia Raifman or Jon Fallica
Upcoming JHPDA Events
Shuttle Social: Dinosaur BBQ Tue., 6pm, April 19th
Join the JHPDA Community at our monthly Shuttle Social event hosted by Social committee. Come have fun, make friends, enjoy food and network!
When: Tuesday, April 19, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Where: Dinosaur BBQ in Harbor East, 1401 Fleet St, Green line- Stop # 107
Questions? Email email@example.com
3rd Annual Postdoc Retreat: Registration & Abstract Submission Now Open!
The JHPDA formally invites all Hopkins, NIH-Bayview, and UMD postdocs to attend our 3rd Annual Postdoctoral Retreat on May 26th! To include a full day of professional development opportunities. Visit the retreat website for more details!
When: Thursday, May 26
Grant Funding Workshop for International Postdocs and others
The JHPDA International and professional development committee invites you to a grant funding workshop to learn all about funding opportunities available for you.
Speakers: Prof. Ye Qiao, Assistant prof in Radiology (K99 recipient), Dr. Kamau Fahie, and Dr. Hanjing Peng, Dr. Aakash Basu.
Coffee and snacks will be provided.
When: Tues, April, 26, 2:00-3:00 pm
Where: Mountcastle Auditorium, (campus map)
Questions: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development and Careers Office
Click here to see the full calendar of PDO events.
Click here to make an appointment with the PDO.
- Research writing for non-native speakers; registration due 4/30 (details)
- Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures - Commercialization Academy (details)
Additional Professional Development Events
- Center for Integration of Research Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
- Johns Hopkins School of Education
- Graduate certificate programs & online programs in education (details)
- Exploring career opportunities in your field? Join Kynplex to access a network of research labs, science companies, and scientific resources (details). (posted 4/18)
- The Postdoctoral Fellow Internship Program announces two mini-internships in the School of Medicine. (details here & here).(posted 4/18)
- Attend the 9th annual NIH Career Symposium on May 6, at NIH campus highlighting the diversity of career choices for researchers.(details) (posted 4/18)
- Share your idea for the next big health app at Hopkins inHealth Shark Tank; win $5000; one page summary due on 4/20 (details) (posted 3/28)
- On-campus, short-term postdoc internships in academic administration now available; internships areas include postdoctoral affairs and professional development (details)
- Work with CAN Dream to educate middle & high schoolers on dementia, brain facts, and dementia-related stigmas; contact email@example.com by 4/30 (details) (posted 4/04)
- Register for the writing and career development workshop, organized by the NIH; in Baltimore on 5/11 (details) (posted 3/28)
- 2016 Lasker Essay Contest now open; engages scientists and clinicians in discussion about the big questions in biology and medicine (details)
- Baltimore Under Ground Science Space (BUGSS) offers opportunities to interact with the public (details)
- Advancing Postdoc Women Guide Book: essential information for postdoc women in their careers; provided by National Postdoctoral Association (download) (posted 1/18)
Fellowship and Job Opportunities
Visit the below site for additional updated listings, including job postings and postdoctoral fellowships in a variety of science careers across disciplines. Recent additions listed below.
- Data Share Fellowship Program with Research Data Alliance (RDA) now accepting applications; due 4/18 (details) (posted 4/04)
- Opportunity for postdocs to work as Freelance Scientific Consultants with Kolabtree (details) (posted 4/04)
- The Office of the Provost is now accepting nominations for Provost’s Postdoctoral Diversity Fellowship & applications for small programming grants; due 4/24 (details) (posted 3/28)
- Registration now open for Graduate Summer Institute of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the Johns Hopkins SPH (details) (posted 3/28)
- Journal of Postdoctoral Research now accepting applications for editors, papers and abstracts (details) (posted 3/28)
- NIBIB Program Director and Program Analyst position openings at NIH (details) (posted 3/21)
- JH Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center accepting pilot project applications in aging, Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders from faculty of any rank; due 4/29; full announcement or contact firstname.lastname@example.org (posted 3/14)
- Postdoc positions available at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Department of Radiology (details) (posted 3/14)
- Postdoc position available in Bioinformatics/Computational biology (details) (posted 3/14)
- The American Association for the advancement of Science (AAAS) seeks an Associate Editor for its journal Science (details) (posted 3/14)
Receive grant alerts here.
Events Around Baltimore
- Hopkins Movie Screening of Thank You For Playing on 4/19 5:30pm at Chevy Chase Auditorium, Zayed Building. Flyer here and Details here. Questions directed to email@example.com. (posted 4/11)
- For events around baltimore check the list here!
For other local events, visit http://baltimore.org/events or the Culture Fly calendar.