AT NO TIME CAN A TEAM PICKUP PLAYERS THAT WOULD GIVE THEM MORE THAN 5 GUYS. If a team has the correct number of players to play, no pickups are allowed. If a team is short and picks up a player and then a roster players shows up the pickup player must be removed from the game.
NO ALCOHOL AT THE GYM!!!
- GAME PLAY
- 2 - 20 minute halves, running clock. Clock will stop on all whistles during the last minute of each half. The clock will also stop on all official and team time-outs (note: if a team is ahead by more than 20 points with 1 minute to go of either half, the clock will not stop). Clock will be running at all other times, including free throws. If for any reason the game should be cancelled with more than half of the game played, the game and the score is considered final.
- Shoot the bonus on the 7th foul, double bonus on the 10th foul of each half.
- Each team is allowed 2 - 20 second and 2 full (1 minute) timeouts per game. An additional 20 second timeout is given to each team for each overtime.
- A player will be disqualified on his 5th personal foul. Technical fouls will count as personal fouls.
- NO PRESS rule: In games separated by 20 or more points the winning team may not apply pressure to the ball in the defensive half of the court. Warnings may be issued followed by technicals to offending teams.
- Players must wear their team jerseys at each game (or be approved by the coordinator if wearing a similarly colored shirt). If a player is wearing a shirt of a dissimilar color they may be asked to sit out that game.
- Players may enter the lane during free throws upon release of the ball.
- Overtime: Should a game be tied at the end of regulation, there will be one 2 minute overtime period. Each team will be allowed one time out during overtime. Clock will only stop in the last minute of play and should the game be tied after overtime the game will be deemed final and be recorded as a tie.
- Teams must have 4 players from their own roster to start game. If a team falls below 4 players due to injury or fouling out, they may play with less than 4. Game time is forfeit time! If the opposing team wants to allow more time for players to show up, the clock will start and a max of 10 minutes will be given. All forfeits will be scores as a 20-0 loss for the team that forfeits.
- The game will begin with a jump ball at mid-court.
- Florida High School rules will cover anything else.
- PLAYER CONDUCT
- Abusive and profane language will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate disqualification.
- During the game any abuse of the officials can warrant a technical foul called.
- Should two technicals and an ejection result from abuse of officials, the player may be suspended one or more games. Any reported abuse of the officials after a game or after an ejection may result in suspensions of one or more games. The first offense the player will be suspended for a minimum of one week, including any games on other nights with Club Sport. The second offense will result minimally in suspension from all Club Sport basketball leagues for the remainder of the season. A third offense will result in permanent removal from all Club Sport leagues.
- Any player or fan is encouraged to root for their own team but rooting against teams or use of disparaging language is discouraged and could result in penalties of players or dismissals of fans. Any fans of teams may be asked to leave by Club Sport staff. Refusal to leave could result in forfeiture of games.
- PICKUP PLAYERS
- Pickup players are NOT allowed in the tournament.
- Any pickup players during the regular season must be signed on a TBCS roster (not just the scoring sheet) for a team that plays on the same night and only if a team has only 4 roster players.
- Pickups must be brought to the attention of the referee BEFORE the game or a forfeit may be issued.
- Teams may pick up up to one player at no penalty in order to field a minimum team number. If more players from your team show up to allow subs, the pickup player must be removed from the game.
- ADDING TO YOUR TEAM
- Teams that made team payments have 8 roster spots included with their team cost.
- Teams with less than 8 players on their roster may add players up to 8 total players at no cost (there are no replacements of signed players). If the team has made a team payment and wish to go over 8 players they may do so at the cost of $10/player.
- In leagues that allow individual payments, team rosters will be capped at 8 players if free agents have been added. If no free agents have been added players, or a team is short of 8 players, players may add to the team at a pro-rated cost (please contact the office to add/pay for pro-rated player additions).
- ELIGIBLE PLAYERS
- All players, including added players, must sign the roster waiver BEFORE the final game of the season in order to be eligible to play in the tournament. If a player is not signed in on the roster by then, they are not eligible for the tournament.
- Playing with ineligible players in the tournament may result in a forfeit. This call will be made by TBCS staff.
- Women are allowed to play in men’s leagues. No special coed rules will apply..
- TBCS is not responsible for any refunds at any time during the season.
- Only unsigned players may be replaced and it is the responsibility of the replaced player to make compensation arrangements with the team or player replacing them after the start of the season.
- TOURNAMENT is single elimination with seeding based on regular season standings. All teams make the tournament.
- TOURNAMENT SEEDINGS will be based on the following criteria (based on won-lost-tie percentage where applicable): 1) winning percentage, 2) head-to-head play (with 2 teams tied, 3 or more tied teams go to differential), 3) overall points differential 4) most points scored 5) coin flip.