Shawnee School Teachers: Google App ClassDojo
ClassDojo is a classroom tool that helps teachers improve behavior in their classrooms quickly and easily. It also captures and generates data on behavior that teachers can share with parents and administrators. Easily award feedback points for behavior in class in real-time, with just one click of your smartphone, laptop, or chromebook. This actually improves behavior.
For easy access, ClassDojo is in the chromebook apps function.
Creating a teacher account
- Follow the link bellow to the ClassDojo site.
- Once on the site, go to the sign up function in the upper right corner and click teacher.
- Fill in the information and pick a function of use under “choose one”.
- When you get logged in, click on the “show me around” function.
Once you have your teacher account created:
- Click on the “Add a New Class.” This will prompt you with the class icon, the year of your class, the subject of your class, and the name of your class.
- After finishing those options you will be asked to enter the names of each of the students in that class. This may be done manually, or by simply copy and pasting from an excel sheet or other document.
- The next step is adding your own behavior points. This is not required, but it is something creative. Any type of good or bad behavior points may be created, or you may simply opt out and go with the pre-created behavior points if that is sufficient.
- Print and hand out the student invitation sheets. Each sheet has a unique student code on it. Students will be able to track their behavior and progress at home, and also customize their avatars.
At the beginning of every period, start that specific class in ClassDojo, and end that class in ClassDojo once that period is over, awarding positive or negative points throughout the class.
Please watch this video to learn more about ClassDojo: