IFAS Blogging- LABELING POSTS
If you are new to Blogs.ifas.ufl.edu, then you may want to begin by reviewing our blogging primer.
This tutorial will help you label your posts, gain followers, and pull in your own content into your website dynamically. (Pulling labeled content from blogs.ifas.ufl.edu into another website is a future enhancement and proper labeling will help you prepare for upcoming changes.)
For specific questions or suggestions for improving the tutorial after review, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tagging Posts In 3 Steps
Step 1. Write Your Posts
Step 2. Label Your Posts
- Labeling posts requires a max of two steps by adding a category and a tag.
- Add A Reserved Top-level Category to our Posts
- These categories are based on a predefined list provided by blogs.ifas.ufl.edu.
- Please, do not create your own categories.
- Add A Unique Tag To Your Posts
- You will need to create this tag. Tags could vary.
- Using your name as a unique tag is appropriate.
- See the screenshot for an example.
- Note: To promote your blog, you will want to use the same name every time. In the example, “nparks” stands for “Natasha Parks” using the naming convention: first initial/lastname.
Step 3. Promoting Your Blog
- You may want to share a link to a post in an email inviting people to follow you here: (e.g., http://blogs.ifas.ufl.edu/blogname/).
- You can also link to specific content by the following: