SUNDAY NIGHT JAM | Sundays at 7PM in the Main or Studio Theater
Feature a diverse offering of innovative, original comedic content in various stages of development, fostering the artistic growth of ensembles and individuals while providing a positive, welcoming, hilarious audience experience.
JAM ACTS ARE EXPECTED TO...
- Communicate openly and thoroughly with the Artistic Director who can support and guide your experience.
- Submit a self-evaluation to the Artistic Director no later than 5 days after your performance (how did it go? What were the successes and challenges? Goals for the future?). These brief evals are essential for us to support the development of shows through the programming pathways at IB. Acts who choose not to submit a self-evaluation may not be considered for future programming.
- Design and implement a marketing strategy that will help fill the house for your performance.
JAM ACTS RECEIVE...
- The opportunity to perform on a professional stage at ImprovBoston
- Support from the theater in marketing limited to website promotion, social media mentions, discount codes as appropriate and coordination with the Managing Director.
- A professional tech director.
- Creative support, consultation and guidance from the Artistic Director as requested.
- A well-respected venue to perform, explore and develop as comedy artists.
THE JAM FORMAT
- JAM featured acts have 20-25 minutes to perform and open the show at 7pm
- The JAM performs in either the Main or Studio Theater, depending on IB’s scheduling requirements each week.
- Be sure to let your tech director know how to support and call the end of your show
- Please check in with your JAM host in the green room no later than 630pm