Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
December 8, 2014 at 7:00 pm – Beech Street
BOD Approved 01.12.15
- Call to Order: Julie called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
- Roll Call: Julie Suckla, President; Anna Cole, VP; Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Nate Seeley, Treasurer; Julie Bell, member; Josh Warinner, ED; Susan Likes, BM
Community Members: Tony Fontana, Mentor to Josh
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Josh
Next Montessori Moment: Julie B
- Approval of November 10, 2014 Minutes: Nate moved to approve the minutes as written, seconded, approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Approval of Agenda: Julie moved to approve the agenda with the following change: addition of IX.e. Development Committee - update on the annual appeal process. Motion seconded, approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Community Member Forum: no discussion
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- See “Elementary/Middle School BOD Action Items – November 10, 2014”
- Alexia: train Tamia on how to upload minutes to the CH website.
- Anna: submit the Kinder Morgan grant prior to Christmas break.
- Consent Agenda, not applicable for this meeting.
- BOD President – Julie
- Discussion: Schedule change for Board Meetings to 4:30-6:15 (CH may move to 6:30-8:15, discussion needed with their Board to confirm)
- Recommendation for CH: CH board will meet from 4:30 to 6 pm
- Anna cannot meet before 5 pm, but recommends we move forward with the new meeting time.
- E/M S board will meet from 6:15 to 7:45 pm
- Executive Director – Josh
- Business Manager – Susan
- Building & Location Committee – Julie
- Development Committee – Anna
- Update on the annual appeal process.
- Everyone: continue to enter appeal names and info.
- New Business
- Action Item – Development Committee will create a strategic plan for fundraising/spending… “Financial Summit”
- Upcoming events
- December 12th, 10 am at San Juan Coffee – Building and Location Committee
- December 15th, 3:30 pm at Beech – Staff Meeting/Holiday Celebration
- December 16th, 5 pm at Beech – SAC
- December 17th, 11:15 am meet at Beech – all board members are welcome to join Shamai and the table captains for a lunch at the Farm
- December 17th, 4 pm at Beech – H&W Committee Meeting
- December 17th, 4 pm at Beech – Enrollment Meeting for all interested families
- December 17th, 5-7 pm at Beech – Winter Social
- Next BOD meeting
- Monday, January 12th, 6:15 pm @ Beech
- Review all Action Items – Tamia
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – Julie
- Staff Inservice Lunches
- Monday, January 5 –
- Friday, March 27 – Shamai
- End of year staff meeting May/June TBD –
- Strategic Plan – January/February
- Adjournment: Julie moved to adjourn, seconded, unanimously approved. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:17 pm.
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary