AMBS Writing Services
Karl Stutzman, coordinator ✦ firstname.lastname@example.org ✦ 574.296.6280
Writing services is housed within the AMBS Library.
- Karl Stutzman, library director, oversees writing services. He is your first point of contact for writing needs. He also provides assistance with information literacy and academic integrity. He can help you find sources or focus your topic.
- Brandon Board, information services librarian, will read first drafts of student papers for grammar, formatting, and other issues and proofread final versions. Brandon can also help you find sources in the library.
- Mary Schertz, retired Bible professor, volunteers every Monday afternoon as our writing expert. She helps students improve their writing style and think critically about ideas and arguments.
How can we help you?
- Locating and evaluating sources for research papers (3 weeks prior to due date)
- Assistance with information literacy and plagiarism issues
- Consulting on development and organization of ideas in research papers or shorter writing assignments (2 weeks prior to due date). Contact us if you need help focusing your topic, developing your thesis, or making an outline for your paper.
- Correcting errors in grammar or style for first drafts (1 week prior to due date)
- Proofreading final drafts (3 days prior to due date)
- Do you have any other problems with reading, writing, or research? Ask us for help!
How can you help us?
- Own your paper. We are not here to fix your paper. We make suggestions for ways you can fix your paper. We will not necessarily mark all errors in your paper, but might instead list some examples so that you know what you need to correct throughout the document. Read your own writing all the way through several times - your paper will turn out much better if you do that.
- Meet the deadlines. Deadlines are listed after each service above. We may be unable to turn your work around faster than the time specified above, and we want to allow plenty of time for you to make corrections.
- Ask questions. We can arrange to meet in person or via Google Hangouts to review comments or work on research or writing issues.
You can trust that we will hold in confidence any personal information contained in your writing!
Here are some helpful links: