AIS Professional Goal Setting: Pk-12 Positions
- Goals are S.M.A.R.T.
- SIP Objectives and AIS initiatives are part of the goal-setting process.
- AIS staff use evidence to demonstrate progress.
- Pk12 staff are often in a coaching role. Pk12 staff also identify coaches to assist in the identification and realization of the goal.
- The superintendent, along with divisional principals, monitor goals with Pk12 staff periodically as part of the AIS assessment process.
Pk12 Role: Instructional Coach - Technology Integration
Assessor: Dave Botbyl, Superintendent
Goal (be specific, realistic, tangible)
Positively promote AIS to the school and global community via social media in order to impact stakeholder perceptions (potential staff, students & parents; current staff, students & parents; etc.).
Measureable - Indicators of Success (How will I know my goal has been achieved?)
- Number of followers & interactions increases
- Community (local & global) interest in AIS increases
- More potential staff & students note
- the existence of social media accounts
- All AISQ8 school-wide social media accounts follow the published policy/procedures
- Potential staff mention our web presence
Attainable - Action Steps (How will I progress towards my goal?)
- Manage & monitor accounts:
- #AISQ8 & other hashtags
- Share original content, retweet content
- Inspire the creation of an official Facebook page for AIS
- Inspire the updating of the AIS Wikipedia page
- Links to official accounts on AIS website
- Info email to school community
- Educate school community (Parent teas, assemblies, etc.)
- Engage Board of Owners
- Families opt out of pictures/videos
- Create a Learning with Technology Policy (informed by Learning with Technology Standards)
- Create Learning with Technology Procedures (guidelines) that inform how stakeholders share via social media
Connection to AIS Guiding Documents (Mission/Beliefs/Profile of the Graduates)
- Contributing world citizens (mission)
- Inquirers, Communicators, Open-minded, Reflective (Profile of the Graduates)
- Communication, Social (ATL & Transdisciplinary skills)
Evidence (What evidence will I collect to demonstrate my progress?)
- Number of followers
- Interactions with community
- Developed Policy & Procedures
- Recruiting data (how did they hear about AIS?)
Support (Who will support me in achieving my goal? How will they assist me? Who is my coach?)
- Director & Board of Owners
- Human Resources
- AIS Staff