YOUTH SOCCER RULES
- Shin guards are mandatory
- MYS Jersey must be worn
- No metal cleats
- No watches or jewelry
- No hats
- Athletic shorts must be worn (no jeans or cargo shorts)
- Only the head coach is allowed on the field with the players
- Coach must stay far away in order to not get in the way of the game.
- Good sportsmanship is a must
- Only registered players may play
- A coach or parent must stay with the players that are not in the game. They must be at least 3ft away from the boundary
U4: Soccer ball size 3
U6: Soccer ball size 3
U8: Soccer ball size 4
U10: Soccer ball size 4
U13: Soccer ball size 5
- U4: 6v6
- U6: 6v6
- U8: 7x7
- U10: 8x8
- U13: 8x8
- Games have two 20-minute halves. There is a 5 minute halftime in between the halves.
- Games end 50 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- Unless a referee is provided, coaches will referee games. They will be provided whistles.
- Games start with a kickoff by the visiting team.
- Number of players fielded can be adjusted by coaches if a different number is agreed upon before each game. This is helpful when teams are too large or too small.
- No sliding whatsoever. The ground is hard and injuries will occur.
- Substitutions allowed during dead balls
- Coaches will referee except for U13 and U10.
- Free kicks are awarded
- Offsides enforced in U13 division