SLOKC General Meeting Minutes
Open Meeting: 7:05pm at El Camino Vet Hospital in Atascadero, CA by Carrie
Introductions & members in attendance: (Attendance Sheet)
Shawn Barnes, Mary Brown, Monica Firchow, Hannah Firchow, Cindy Fleenor, Janell Fleenor, Richard Gearhart, Carrie Muir, Jennifer Nowell, Shari Ziegenbein, guest Ginni Silveira, guest Tony Harris
- Review and approve 2/21/17 minutes. Shari moved to accept, Cindy seconded. Passed.
- No report. Karyn not in attendance.
Next Show Business: May 13-14, 2017
- Update: Church kids for help
- Susan Howard in charge
- Shari pretty sure Susan has it handled.
- Mary Brown - update from 4H associate regarding bait fundraising opportunity.
- Trina talked with a vendor at the Hanford show who will be at our show, and who will be selling bait.
- ASCA Event - Trina not in attendance.
- Large rosettes - Robin not in attendance
- Trophies update - Karyn not in attendance
- Best in Show chair back update
- Per Shari: chairs have been purchased at TJ Maxx, backs have been sent to a lady who will disassemble, embroider, and reassemble the backs.
- Vendors update - Trina not in attendance
- Tony Harris of Luke DogWalker SLO just moved to the area and is interested in either being a vendor or a sponsorship opportunity with the show. Contact information given to Cindy for BoS cash prize and Trina for vendor info.
- Post meeting update: (included so in recorded minutes)
- Crazy Heart... WILL HAVE BAIT 10x20 space
- LuLaRoe 10x20 same spot as last year.
- Woods Humane Society 10x10
- Cindy will be calling her masseuse friend to see if they’ll come again this year
- Advertisements in the paper
- Mary will look into and begin some paper advertisements in The Tribune and other local newspapers
- Monica brought up the possibility of having a radio advert, she will look into it with her friend at KPRL
- Facebook advertising for the event: START NOW
- Judge driving to/from event
- Monica will drive in her new car!
- Mary will assist if needed
- Horse park contact information was given to Carrie from Jennifer.
- Bronze medallion for Best of Breed in the Ridgeback Supported Entry was procured by Jennifer.
- Janell will begin increasing notifications via e-mail and Facebook:
- Meeting notifications going out a week in advance of the meeting
- Facebook event created for next meeting as soon as we know the date
- New Atascadero meeting location suggestions are requested.
Next Meeting: April 19, 2017 at 7pm. Petco in San Luis Obispo
Possible additional meeting on May 3 in Atascadero scheduled, for pre-show meeting.
Close Meeting: 7:37pm by Carrie.
Minute Taker: Secretary Janell Fleenor