BILINGUAL STAFF ATTORNEY
For almost 40 years Immigration Counseling Service (ICS) has been dedicated to improving the lives of Oregon’s immigrant communities through access to affordable legal services. In 2016 we expanded our services by opening a Regional office in Hood River, Oregon. The office is located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, an hour east of Portland, and offers leisure activities such as windsurfing, hiking and skiing, has a strong Latino community, and local food and drink.
ICS has an opening for an additional Staff Attorney for our Hood River office. If you enjoy taking on challenges and you are committed to immigrant and human rights issues, then help us grow our new Regional office.
Qualifications and Experience
· J.D. and state Bar membership, preferably Oregon
· Immigration legal practice experience, including family-based and immigration court experience
· Extensive Spanish speaking ability (speaking, writing and understanding)
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
· Commitment to working in a diverse working environment
· Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and manage deadlines
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401 K, ongoing educational opportunities and a very generous paid time off policy.
Immigration Counseling Service (ICS) is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. It is the policy of ICS to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. ICS is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. We encourage applications from people of color, immigrants, women, people with disabilities, members of the LBGT community and other minority groups.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Barbara B. Babcock, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.