PAX MELBOURNE 2016 COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This promotion commences at 10:00am AEDT on 4 November 2016 (Opening Time) and ends at 5:00pm AEDT on 6 November 2016 (Closing Time). This period of time between the Opening Time and the Closing Time is referred to in these terms as the Promotional Period.
2. This promotion is made available by Reed Exhibitions Australia PTY LTD (“Reed”), ABN 47 000 146 921
3. Head Office: Tower 2, 475 Victoria Ave, Chatswood NSW 2067
4. Mailing Address: Tower 2, 475 Victoria Ave, Chatswood NSW 2067
5. Web site: aus.paxsite.com
6. Entry is only open to Australian residents.
7. Where a winner is under 18 years of age, prizes will be awarded only if the consent of their legal guardian is first given and obtained.
8. Employees (and their immediate families) of Reed, Reed Resellers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, exspouse, defacto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, stepgrandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or 1st cousin.
9. To enter this promotion an entrant must, during the Promotional Period:
a. Attend the PAX Australia event within the Promotional Period at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, and
b. Complete the designated competition entry card available at the designated Show Bag area, and
c. Purchase an eligible piece of merchandise from the PAX Australia Merch store, and
d. Submit the completed designated competition entry card at the designated entry point
10. All entries that contain incomplete, illegible, damaged, contain false or erroneous contact information or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by Reed
Winner selection and contact process
11. Following the conclusion of the promotion at the Closing Time twenty (20) entries will be selected at random without replacement.
12. The prize draw will take place at the offices of Reed Exhibitions Australia PTY LTD at Tower 2, 475 Victoria Ave, Chatswood NSW 2067 at 3:00pm AEDT on 16 November 2016. Winners will be notified by email (to the email addresses registered with Reed within the relevant entry forms) and through publication on the Promoter’s web site on 16 November 2016.
13. Winners must claim their prize by responding via email to Reed no more than 3 months after the draw date. For any correspondence regarding your claim please email email@example.com. Please ensure you keep a copy of all documentation.
14. In the event of the prizes being unclaimed, a further draw will take place to determine replacement winner or replacement winners (Replacement Winner). This replacement prize draw will take place at the offices of Reed Exhibitions Australia PTY LTD (address above) at 3:00pm AEDT on 25 February 2017. The Replacement Winner or Replacement Winners will be notified by email (to the email addresses registered with Reed within the relevant entry forms) and through publication on the Promoter’s web site on 25 February 2017.
15. Each winner drawn will receive 2 PAX Australia 2017 3-day tickets, valued at $155 each.
16. Total prize pool value $3100.00
17. Reed reserves the right, at any time, to amend these Terms and Conditions or verify the validity of an entry and to disqualify any entrant that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by Reed to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. If there is a dispute, Reed reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the validity of the claim made.
18. Entries associated with contact information that is incomplete, indecipherable or illegible will be deemed invalid.
19. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, Reed reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
20. Reed makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of all information but takes no responsibility for any editorial, photographic or typographic errors.
21. Reed reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
22. Reed does not accept any responsibility for misleading or incorrect information provided by a distributor, reseller, agent or promoter regarding this promotion.
23. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
24. The prizes are inclusive of all taxes.
25. Entrants consent to Reed using their names, likeness, images and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in
any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Reed.
26. Reed collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, prize draw facilitators and prize suppliers. Entry into the promotion gives consent for Reed and third parties to send promotional material to the entrant. Entrants may opt-out at any time.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under other consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (NonExcludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the NonExcludable Guarantees, Reed (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) whatsoever which is suffered, including for any: personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
29. Reed as well as its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with the prize or use of the prize. This excludes any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
30. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws and courts of New South Wales, Australia.