Outdoor Track and Field Preseason Meeting
Coach Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or remind app (Girls Head Coach)
Coach Michaud (email@example.com) 860 324-0088c (Boys Head Coach)
Coach Frido (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meet in Cafe every day after school or be with a teacher until a coach arrives (bring note if with a teacher). Coach will arrive between 2:45 and 3:00. DO NOT WANDER THE BUILDING
- Attendance will be taken. Excessive tardys and unexcused absences will result in athletes being unable to compete at meets and termination from the team.
- DO NOT BE LATE: You must have a note from a teacher if you are late! Practice will run until 5:00. Make sure you have a ride at that time.
- YOU must be dismissed by a coach.
- Clothing: Be prepared to be outside everyday
- Hat, gloves, pants, Layers on top (Meets and practices run late and it gets cold)
- Nutrition: Make sure you are eating breakfast and lunch and bring a nutritious snack to practice. You will not improve if your body does not have the proper energy
- Water Bottle!!!
- If you will miss practice for a good reason make sure coaches have a note from a parent before the fact. It does not help us to know tomorrow what you did today. That includes field trips. The earlier we know the better.
- Athletes are expected to go to all meets.
- Invitational Meets are to be signed up for 10 days in advance or you will not be entered.
- Uniforms include a top and shorts. You are responsible for them, so do not share. If the same top and shorts are not turned in at the end of the season, you will be charged.
- Practice hard every day and do not do extra without the coaching staff knowing. It is important that your body gets rest during the season so please follow the workouts your coaches provide.
- Community Project is a requirement of track and field. Make sure you are there. Detail to come.
- Meets are long so bring food and you can be picked up by a parent with a note and verbal communication from the coach to the parent when leaving the event.
- Transportation agreements are available online for important issues however it is expected you will use the bus whenever possible. Make sure they are signed and turned in early.
- All junior and seniors with at least 2 years of service to the team can pick up a captains form if you are interested in the position. (See coach Michaud or Gonzalez)
- DEVICES SUCH AS PHONE, IPODS, EARBUDS ETC ARE NOT PERMITTED AT PRACTICE, THEY MUST BE LEFT IN YOUR BAG AND SECURED AWAY.